JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are you sending your child to school?

I have a 4 year old boy that I registered for pre-k before the virus hit (in US). I was looking forward to him getting an early start on education as well as socializing with other kids. Cases of the virus are spiking here in Georgia so there are so many different opinions about whether or not to send children to school. They are supposed to open school in August but it doesn't look likely.  I was wondering if any parents here on the forum have to make that decision. 

My children are all grown (youngest is 30) so we don't have to face that question. However, my BIL has some grandchildren he is raising and he already called the school and told them that he is NOT sending them to school regardless of what the Governor wants to do ... apparently, FLorida is still going to allow parents to keep their children home without any repercussions. 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yeah bit like Brother John, my child is too old and they don't have a desk big enough for him. And besides I need Tom too much to send him to school. 

(Seriously: In NZ everyone has gone back to school who needs to - heh - but as with all things in this uncertain time - it could change).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

My 3yo daughter won't go to school in september, it's not like she will be learning many things there, at this age, it's more about games and party (Christmas, Birthdays, Easter...)

We will homeschool her and, like her older sister, she will be able to read and write around 4yo. She is already wanting to do this :D 

On 7/14/2020 at 12:08 AM, Dages said:

My 3yo daughter won't go to school in september, it's not like she will be learning many things there, at this age, it's more about games and party (Christmas, Birthdays, Easter...)

We will homeschool her and, like her older sister, she will be able to read and write around 4yo. She is already wanting to do this :D 

So funny, my 5 yo son brought home "god bless you" from school but right away He says "bless you is PAGAN". Just before the pandemic got bad in AZ, we went up to the reservation to Monument valley. The restaurant had a few people have a birthday next to us. As soon as they started singing i started trying to distract him.  He looked so Mad, frustrated, and confused at the same time. it started quietly, "birthday is pagan"  "Birthday Is PAGAN" then "BIRTHDAY IS PAGAN!!!"  as loud as he could! All i could say was, Good job papa, sit down.  He will be home schooled when ever they decide to start kinder out here tho. With him being autistic, it will definitely be a challenge.

One frustrated father in my area waiting for an answer as to whether the schools would open asked, ' so should we buy school clothes or more alcohol'..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

15 hours ago, Dove said:

One frustrated father in my area waiting for an answer as to whether the schools would open asked, ' so should we buy school clothes or more alcohol'..

It seems appropriate that JW.ORG opening banner for today is:

Five Tips To Keep Drinking Under Control

If the COVID-19 pandemic is disrupting your life, your drinking habits may change. How can you avoid harmful alcohol consumption?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.