JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | Brother Gennady Shpakovskiy is Released From Prison

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1358 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

NEWS ALERT | Brother Gennady Shpakovskiy is Released From Prison

On Monday, August 3, 2020, the Pskov Regional Court ruled to release Brother Gennady Shpakovskiy from prison. The court upheld his conviction but changed his six-and-a-half-year prison sentence to probation for the same period. A few hours after the court ruled, Brother Sphakovskiy was released. The prosecution has the right to appeal.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My prediction is grim, unfortunately.

Jehovah is allowing so much to go on. Jehovah is allowing his organization to lose, right now. If I was this brother, I would be planning on returning to prison with more dire situation.

Call me negative, but this is the way it has been going. It is hard to understand the way Jehovah maneuvers things sometimes. He has his ways, and he uses us to accomplish that. It sometimes is extremely difficult.

May I be wrong, but I would predict he will go back to prison. Ahh, that is hard to write (say). Again, may I be wrong.

Jehovah is working out his purpose in ways we don't understand. We just have to be willing to accept what his will is for us.

I know I am going to get some "Sad" likes on this, I am sorry. Let's just see what happens.

1 hour ago, Gary910 said:

Jehovah is allowing so much to go on. Jehovah is allowing his organization to lose, right now. If I was this brother, I would be planning on returning to prison with more dire situation.

Call me negative, but this is the way it has been going. It is hard to understand the way Jehovah maneuvers things sometimes. He has his ways, and he uses us to accomplish that. It sometimes is extremely difficult.

May I be wrong, but I would predict he will go back to prison. Ahh, that is hard to write (say). Again, may I be wrong.

Jehovah is working out his purpose in ways we don't understand. We just have to be willing to accept what his will is for us.

I know I am going to get some "Sad" likes on this, I am sorry. Let's just see what happens.

Exodos 14 10-12
10 When Pharʹaoh got closer, the Israelites raised their eyes and saw the Egyptians pursuing them. The Israelites became terrified and began to cry out to Jehovah.
11 They said to Moses: “Is it because there are no burial places in Egypt that you have brought us here to die in the wilderness? What have you done to us by leading us out of Egypt?
12 Is this not the very thing we told you in Egypt when we said, ‘Let us alone, so that we may serve the Egyptians’? For it is better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness.”

This weeks midweek part: 

TREASURES FROM GOD’S WORD | EXODUS 13-14

“Stand Firm and See the Salvation of Jehovah”14:13, 14, 21, 22, 26-28

Jehovah is a caring and considerate Savior.

How did he show personal consideration for the Israelites during the Exodus from Egypt?

He organized them.—Ex 13:18

He provided guidance and protection.—Ex 14:19, 20

He delivered all of his people, both young and old alike.—Ex 14:29, 30

What confidence can you have as the great tribulation approaches?—Isa 30:15

Edited by Zebra555

3 hours ago, Gary910 said:

It might be getting hard but its the FINALE...... 

Whatever happens will be known eventually. 

I love the reminder of today's text. 

Tuesday, August 4

Jehovah . . . has firmly established his throne for justice.—Ps. 9:7.

The Mosaic Law limited the possibility that a person would be falsely accused of a crime. A defendant had the right to know who was accusing him. (Deut. 19:16-19; 25:1) And before he could be convicted, at least two witnesses had to give evidence. (Deut. 17:6; 19:15) What about an Israelite who committed a crime that was seen by only one witness? He could not assume that he would get away with his wrongdoing. Jehovah saw what he did. Yes, Jehovah sets the perfect example; nothing he does is unfair. He rewards those who loyally uphold his standards, but he punishes those who abuse their power. (2 Sam. 22:21-23; Ezek. 9:9, 10) Some may act wickedly and seem to escape punishment, but when Jehovah determines that the time is right, he brings them to justice. (Prov. 28:13) And if they do not repent, they soon learn that “it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”—Heb. 10:30, 31. w19.02 23-24 ¶20-21

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I think it’s even grimmer if we think Jehovah right now has the full control of this world.

Not that he isn’t allowed to do so or that he doesn’t have power.

Just that this world belongs to Satan right now, maybe has to do with how things work in the heavens..in the spiritual realm..

Or maybe more precisely things belong to man... mankind that it’s neither Jehovah nor Satan who’s in complete control.

They can only influence for the good or the bad.. but this world is basically being run by man. 

Maybe it’s all about spiritual beings observing how people choose.. will they choose to belong to God or Satan?

Other than watching and occasionally helping, I‘m not sure if either Jehovah or Satan can really make anybody do or not do something.

Isn’t it just a literary term that God is allowing such things to happen?

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual