JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEWS ALERT | Brother Yuriy Zalipayev Found Not Guilty!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1313 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

NEWS ALERT | Brother Yuriy Zalipayev Found Not Guilty!

On October 7, 2020, the Mayskiy District Court of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic found Brother Yuriy Zalipayev not guilty and acquitted him of all charges. The prosecution has ten days to appeal.

The prosecution claimed Brother Zalipayev was guilty of inciting others to violence. However, over 30 people testified that he did nothing more than encourage others to read the Bible and to show warmth and kindness to all people.

The court’s “not guilty” ruling was also based on recent conclusions by the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention that confirmed that Jehovah's Witnesses do not practice or promote violence in any manner.

After the verdict announcement, Brother Zalipayev stated: “My family and friends were all prepared for the worst. Thanks to Jehovah, I did not feel pressure during the trial. I am very happy and grateful to everyone who defended my innocence.”

Whoohoo! :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That's a new one!

The prosecution claimed Brother Zalipayev was guilty of inciting others to violence.

It's difficult to imagine why the prosecution would make such a claim in the first place. Even he (or she) should have known that's ridiculous.

What else will the King of the North think up? facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif.85b726622db3f80a14df06a3d338eac3.gif

On 10/8/2020 at 5:05 AM, Sheep said:

That's a new one!

It's difficult to imagine why the prosecution would make such a claim in the first place. Even he (or she) should have known that's ridiculous.

What else will the King of the North think up? facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif.85b726622db3f80a14df06a3d338eac3.gif

The main problem is that brothers here don't understand it is Russia. Only those who used to live in a totalitarian country can understand. The courd would decide whatever they are instructed to do. There is also a well-known tactics used since the USSR times, when somebody would be released and found not-guilty just to be arrested again. They would break an individual that way. You always go though an emotional roller-coaster. Honestly, it is Russia. They don't care about anything unless there is a bigger business to be done and they need to increase their PR points. I am affraid this is the case with our Russian brothers.