JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW library showing no download location available

My problem is in JW Library allow me to done load Video but audio

One thing I found is there was no JWLibrary folder in my Music folder- I did make on there, but it still does not work.

When setting button is clicked- program looks for the place where it downloads too then crashes.

Have removed app and reinstalled several times, still doe the thing.

Thanks in advance.

Br. Paul, when you open the JW Library and click on the "settings" icon on the bottom of the left side it brings up a menu that shows where the "audio files" are supposed to go.  Some systems show that you are trying to send them to an SD card.  In your computer, where does it say the audio files are being stored?

set home.JPG

set audio.JPG

Here is a video that shows what happens when I click on the setting button.

With some research there are quite a few with same problem- one day it just stopped working and without changing a thing.

Hopefully a Win update will change it back.

I keep you posted if I find a solution.

Victor Garfield shared a solution that worked for him and at least two other people:

Click on Start->Settings->Privacy. Scroll all the way to the bottom on the Left hand side. Click on Videos. You’ll see JW Library is set to Off, along with other apps. If it’s greyed out Click on Change to access these apps. Or Just Click the button under Allow apps to access your videos library to On, and than click JW Library slider to On.

His and other solutions are also proposed here: https://www.itexperience.net/jwlibrary-shows-no-download-location-available/#comment-113401

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 5:25 AM, Trey said:

Victor Garfield shared a solution that worked for him and at least two other people:

His and other solutions are also proposed here: https://www.itexperience.net/jwlibrary-shows-no-download-location-available/#comment-113401

Thank you! I was on the phone with the branch help desk and they had no idea how to fix this. Your fix worked right out of the box.

• 5 months later...

Good morning, I am pulling my hair out trying to get JW Library to download Audio and Video files. 

It is saying Download Location not Available. 

For some unknown reason JW Library does not seem to be recognising my Video or Music folders.

When I first got the new laptop with Windows 10 I installed JW Library and it worked perfectly than all of a sudden it just stopped downloading the audio & video files I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and I have manually created the JWLibrary folders but nothing is working. I am now at my wits end. 

Please can someone give me some advice? 

Thank you

Susan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Susan Arderne said:

Please can someone give me some advice? 

Susan, sorry I didn't read your post until now. Just a couple posts above in this thread there are two solutions that worked for some friends with the same issue:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47085-jw-library-showing-no-download-location-available/?do=findComment&comment=777594

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47085-jw-library-showing-no-download-location-available/?do=findComment&comment=792669