JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shepherding Visit

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1258 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That's so nice to hear Whitney, you've been going through more than most lately. When you're feeling a bit down, try to remember that Jehovah cares for you,  he sent you what you needed. So does the brotherhood, not only in your home congregation, but all of us here too from all around the world. 💖

41 minutes ago, JW2017 said:

My mom and I had a shepherding visit today via zoom which was nice with everything we're going through some of which I've mentioned in other posts.  I've been so depressed and my mind has been checking out.

Hope you feel better soon...I'm constantly fighting depression...it's so hard in these last days for all of us

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

1 hour ago, JW2017 said:

My mom and I had a shepherding visit today via zoom which was nice with everything we're going through some of which I've mentioned in other posts.  I've been so depressed and my mind has been checking out.

Whitney, can you comment, if you feel comfortable, some of the scriptures or thoughts the elders shared with you?

I guess we all could use some comfort. :)

4 hours ago, carlos said:

Whitney, can you comment, if you feel comfortable, some of the scriptures or thoughts the elders shared with you?

I guess we all could use some comfort. :)

The second elder didn't show up so since we were on zoom and it was both my mom and I the one elder went a head and talked to us.  The elder that didn't show up must have forgotten which is understandable since his brother died of COVID this week which I talk about in another thread.

The only verses we read were Romans 5:3-5.  "Not only that, but let us rejoice while in tribulations, since we know that tribulation produces endurance; endurance in turn and approved condition,; the approved condition in turn, hope, and the hope does not lead to disappointment; because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy spirit, which was given to us."

We talked a lot about our particular situation and he told us that others know that we will not give up on the truth and the elder said that he knows it.  We are all marathon runners and Satan wants us to give up but we don't.  Job lost everything but he would not give up on Jehovah.  

Jehovah never disappoints rather instead of just giving what he's said he will he gives more.  He gave Job more than what he had lost.  So in the new system of things he will give us more than just what he has said.  He asked us what we look forward to.  

13 hours ago, JW2017 said:

The second elder didn't show up so since we were on zoom and it was both my mom and I the one elder went a head and talked to us.  The elder that didn't show up must have forgotten which is understandable since his brother died of COVID this week which I talk about in another thread.

The only verses we read were Romans 5:3-5.  "Not only that, but let us rejoice while in tribulations, since we know that tribulation produces endurance; endurance in turn and approved condition,; the approved condition in turn, hope, and the hope does not lead to disappointment; because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy spirit, which was given to us."

We talked a lot about our particular situation and he told us that others know that we will not give up on the truth and the elder said that he knows it.  We are all marathon runners and Satan wants us to give up but we don't.  Job lost everything but he would not give up on Jehovah.  

Jehovah never disappoints rather instead of just giving what he's said he will he gives more.  He gave Job more than what he had lost.  So in the new system of things he will give us more than just what he has said.  He asked us what we look forward to.  

Thank you, sister. I really needed to share that shepherding call with you. And, I did, sort of...❤️

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I especially like chapter 17 in the Organized book. It talks about the variety of problems we may face but how important it is to stay close to Jehovahs organization. It's an excellent chapter for personal study, family worship and shepherding calls.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Thank you, Whitney! Jehovah gave you a big hug by means of that elder. :)

Very encouraging ideas.

Edited by carlos