JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Plane crash in the Upper Peninsula

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1298 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Listening to scanner, police traveling to the area, told to stage over 4,000 feet from site as plane has military weapons on board. 

This potential crash happened about 60 miles or so south of me and Roseanne. 

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2020/12/09/unconfirmed-plane-crash-along-the-delta-and-schoolcraft-county-line/

UPPER MICHIGAN, Mich. (WLUC) - TV6 is getting unconfirmed reports of a military plane crash just north of the Garden Peninsula along the Delta and Schoolcraft County line.

At this time there is very little official information being released.

It happened around 9 p.m. on Dec. 8. Marquette County Central Dispatch confirmed crews are on the scene, but in their words, they are still awaiting for physical confirmation of the crash site.

Unconfirmed reports from police scanners indicate emergency crews are looking for some type of military aircraft. There is no word yet on the condition of the pilot.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

O no!! I hope there weren't Explosives in the military plane that could explode later... Pls stay as far from the site as possible. It must have been a terrifying experience hearing it crashed in your area... One can't help but wonder, what if the plane lost control in my neighborhood? This is why we must make each day count... Holding on to our relationship with Jehovah. No one knows what'll happen the next second.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/12/f-16-fighter-jet-crashed-in-michigans-upper-peninsula-rescue-crews-search-for-pilot.html

Screenshot_20201209_011639.thumb.jpg.d7a9cad07fcf822191dc1ea972018d45.jpg

DELTA COUNTY, MI - Emergency crews overnight were searching for the pilot of an F-16 fighter jet that crashed in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula while on a military training mission Tuesday night.

The Wisconsin Air National Guard said early today that an F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to its 115th Fighter Wing at Truax Field Air National Guard Base in Madison crashed about 8 p.m. Tuesday.

“At the time of the incident, the aircraft was on a routine training mission with one pilot on board,” the Wisconsin Air National Guard said in a statement released on its Facebook page. “Emergency responders are on scene. The cause of the crash, as well as the status of the pilot, are unknown at this time, and the incident is under investigation.”

:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

It’s been a long night for Law Enforcement. They had to wait for military personnel to get to the site which was this morning. Have Coast Guard helicopters up. 

Heard someone say they saw the crash site (from the air)...no fires or even smoldering, just charred area. 

Military getting to site now. 

Sadly, the pilot didn’t make it.

Nothing mentioned where they found the poor guy. ☹️

https://www.upmatters.com/news/f-16-pilot-dies-following-crash-in-delta-county/?fbclid=IwAR2iXXbH6__hQNdmdwNP1Xv2yeMetOqtmksc1Q8RdF79eoQqNdqxuLE7OnA

DELTA COUNTY, Mich. (WLUC) - The Wisconsin Air National Guard’s 115th Fighter Wing announced the death of the F-16 pilot who crashed in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Dec. 8.