JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Totally Crazy out there ! Roll on the Kingdom

On 12/24/2020 at 8:46 PM, Doug said:

Curious about the difference between listening to him versus the folks who make predictions for the upcoming new year?

The blind Bulgarian mystic , clairvoyant is always making news with her predictions. We can assume she is involved with spiritism.

I just wonder about the source. From military contacts , to the nut case chiropractor to us?

No criticism of your comment. We know the levy is going to break somehow , and soon. I guess we're as prepared as possible.

Hmm, I think I might be offended. Don't really get the connection with the clairvoyant, but it appears you have consulted them in the past, so guilty feeling on your part?

Edited by Your Brother

2 hours ago, Your Brother said:

Hmm, I think I might be offended. Don't really get the connection with the clairvoyant, but it appears you have consulted them in the past, so guilty feeling on your part?

Don't be offended.  I tried to qualify that I wasn't critical of your post.

I was thinking out loud. Dangerous - I know   :depressed:

I was equating those who think they can foretell the future (as in "a bit of a nut case, big into conspiracy stuff")

with those other people who think they can foretell the future (as in fortune tellers and clairvoyants).

I understand why you don't get the connection , because there really isn't one. My post was not well thought out.

I never got into spiritism. There was a time I tried tarot cards , for entertainment purposes, but it made no sense to me.

The neighbor had a ouji board and they thought it was a real trip. I never tried it.

I watched the Exorcist at the drive-in theatre. Fortunately , I drank a lot of beer that night , and don't remember the movie.

There, I've come clean. All that was prior to my Bible education , obviously.

@Doug

Should we start a "confessional thread" lol

Seriously though, I learned about some project where people where asked to send postcards anonymously confessing their deeds, and then it gets published in a book. And people would write in and say the strangest, far out, crazy things, including occasional murders, things that were dark secrets that no one knew, family skeletons in the closet, etc. It was totally crazy. Deep down, people want to get stuff off their shoulders....

So I have this weird feeling that if I start a confessional thread, it might actually get some traction. Since people feel a degree of privacy behind the keyboard.

5 hours ago, Doug said:

I never got into spiritism. There was a time I tried tarot cards , for entertainment purposes, but it made no sense to me.

The neighbor had a ouji board and they thought it was a real trip. I never tried it.

I watched the Exorcist at the drive-in theatre. Fortunately , I drank a lot of beer that night , and don't remember the movie.

There, I've come clean. All that was prior to my Bible education , obviously.

Wow, being brought up in the truth that film was the most fearsome thing I had ever known, we didn't even walk past the cinema when the posters were up.

Never sure if it was true or not but Urban legend people in the cinema died of fright while watching it!

Your enjoyment of beer did you service that night.

2 hours ago, M.J. said:

Please see "confession" thread in Consolation forum. :secret:

Im heading there now