JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Giant Ship Blocks Suez Canal

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1142 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/28/2021 at 2:35 PM, Tortuga said:

The world events are like a three ring circus to Satan, they are designed to catch our attention and distract us so we waste time trying to figure out what they mean and what will happen next.

Indeed.  Not that Satan is directly responsible for things like the Suez canal, but he surely delights in chaos and human suffering.

Time will tell what really happened.  There has already been some public comments about the captain.  On October 31, 1999 First Officer Gameel Al-Batouti was in command of EgyptAir flight 990 with 217 souls on board when he flew the plane into the Atlantic Ocean.

6 hours ago, Doug said:

Time will tell what really happened.  There has already been some public comments about the captain.  On October 31, 1999 First Officer Gameel Al-Batouti was in command of EgyptAir flight 990 with 217 souls on board when he flew the plane into the Atlantic Ocean.

What does this have to do with a ship stuck in the Suez that that had two Suez pilots aboard? Conspiracy theories revisited?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Old said:

What does this have to do with a ship stuck in the Suez that that had two Suez pilots aboard? Conspiracy theories revisited?

The EgyptAir flight is but one example of the unthinkable being done deliberately. If that can happen, or 9/11 for that matter, then anything can happen deliberating.

In comparison, the Suez canal situation is relatively minor. Basically, a loss of commerce and the profits.

Now that they have it unstuck, the Suez Canal Authority has decided they will hold on to the vessel and it's 3.5 billion of cargo until the cause and responsibility are sorted out. Wise decision.