JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Giant Ship Blocks Suez Canal

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1142 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I remember that was in a Tom Clancy novel...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

He wrote many books that became films. Probably the most Famous was "Hunt for Red October".

Also "Clear and Present Danger",  and the "Sum of All Fears."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy

What happened to the edit feature?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

21 minutes ago, Old said:

What happened to the edit feature?

3 dots on the top of your post on the right.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

11 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

3 dots on the top of your post on the right.

The three dots give share and quote

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I remember that was in a Tom Clancy novel...

It might have been a Clive Cussler book. The ship blocking the canal sounds like something I read a long time. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Could be this one. 

The Saboteurs

With millions of dollars and the fates of two nations at stake, Bell heads to Panama to find answers. After a deadly bombing at the canal's construction site, he is determined to stop the insurgents—or whoever is funding them—before they can attack again.

Haven't read any of Cussler's book but the plot is really intriguing. A few of our friends here have mentioned this author. 

8 minutes ago, Mclove said:

Could be this one. 

The Saboteurs

Haven't read any of Cussler's book but the plot is really intriguing. A few of our friends here have mentioned this author. 

I haven't read that one, but thanks for checking 👍

1 hour ago, Old said:

The three dots give share and quote

I had the same problem and question..you will get the share and quote if you haven't written anything yet. You will get Edit once you write something to edit....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-25/ship-stuck-in-the-suez-canal-called-ever-given-plus-a-few-memes/100027880

image.thumb.png.5fc15adc536822009c12ddb2a265b4ef.png

Can it just reverse out the way it came?

This isn't an old Toyota Camry and the captain isn't a teenage driver on their P-plates, people. 

The ship ran aground and is now wedged pretty firmly into the banks of the canal, with the bow touching the eastern wall and the stern lodged against the western wall.

So it needs to be refloated first. 

It's unclear how long digging it out could take, as experts reckon nothing like this has ever happened in the canal's 150-year history. 

But one official said it could take at least two days to refloat the vessel.

When it is refloated, it's likely that it will reverse back the way it came, authorities say. 

9 hours ago, Mclove said:

Could be this one. 

The Saboteurs

Amazon says “the title will be released May 25” of this year. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I casually heard the prices of oil were going to go up because of this. 
The human controlling this immense this will have a thing or two to live down! I don’t know specifically what did happen, but when something you have a part in, and a boo-boo is made you can see from space, not good. 

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Amazon says “the title will be released May 25” of this year. 

Clive Cussler has died, last year I think. I hope he had a wealth of books stashed away. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I casually heard the prices of oil were going to go up because of this. 

Gas prices do not bother me at this time in my retired life! My new vehicle of almost 1 1/2 years has only 7500 miles on it! When I worked I was putting on over 20 k miles/yr. not including meetings/field service/store errands! Oh, the good old days!

Boomer Getting Old GIF by swerk

Oil jumps over 4% today on worries global supplies of crude and refined products could be disrupted for weeks.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BI041

Also, this isn’t the first time the ever given had an accident with the same blame being loss of steering power and high winds. This ship was involved in an accident in Hamburg in 2019 when its owners rammed into a ferry and destroyed it.

Edited by Lewis

Let's see, Iran could take advantage of this and attack, the Somalians can do the same thing.  On Sky News Australia, they are now saying it could take more then 8 days or more to figure out how to get the ship free.  The back up on either ends north and south is getting worse and worse.  Those ships carry food, oil, and other supplies, like medical necessities, oh my.    Some on other sites (reporters and people like you and I) are asking if this was done on purpose (Hey in this vile world could be a possibility. One never knows for certain).    

3 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Some on other sites (reporters and people like you and I) are asking if this was done on purpose (Hey in this vile world could be a possibility. One never knows for certain).    

If men can hijack commercial airlines mid-flight and then steer them into skyscrapers , then this would be rather easy. Just about getting the bad actor behind the wheel.

I think there will be more incidents this spring and summer that will be designed to test the Biden administration. North Korea has already fired missiles.

Don't mean to come off as a conspiracy subscriber. Satan has so little time to distract from the Kingdom. Anything that serves the purpose is on the table.  IMHO .  .

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Satan has so little time to distract from the Kingdom. Anything that serves the purpose is on the table.

The world events are like a three ring circus to Satan, they are designed to catch our attention and distract us so we waste time trying to figure out what they mean and what will happen next.