JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pre-Diabetes 😳

....  the organic non GMO foods now;  lots starting to look like pre 1995 processed foods but now they can say they are GMO free and organic....

label reading is a very good habit.  atleast keep the junk to a minimum...  this age is all about controlled sickness to feed the healthsystem with money and to rob poeple of savings... and inheritances.

• 10 months later...

Does it depend on what you eat and how you eat when it comes to high FBG?

My FBG is pretty high (around 105) after a night I overeat.. (like lots of processed carb food and lots of fat.. sometimes beer too)

Do healthy people never have to worry about their glucose even though they overeat most of time? 

On 4/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, Loopy said:

Are there any pre-diabetics here? I’m curious as I just had my bloodwork done and my fasting A1c was 5.9 😳.  It’s been 5.6 or 5.7. My doctor is not going to be happy and I have an appointment this Wednesday.

Anyway I’m back to seriously poking my fingers after I eat something in the allotted timeframe. Basically I’m doing this to either accept or reject different foods.

I had quite a surprise tonight. I made homemade Mac & Cheese. I make it with Brown Rice Elbow macaroni and Mozzarella cheese. I thought the numbers would be off the charts. 2 hours from the first bite I checked. It was only 96. 😳

I have been doing a before fed check as well so we’ll see what it does. 

Yes I've joined the club. 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:59 PM, New World Explorer said:

I know someone who was pre-diabetic. 

He is no longer. Revered condition by ;

1. Exercising ..walking

2. No sweets or greatly reduced. (good diet) 

3. Drinking cider vinegar, chlorophyll and lemon with warm water. 

3 months later pre-diabetic condition disappeared 

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try this.  

I recently tried dragon fruit. So good. And I researched they are good for lowering the blood sugars. 

My Dr asked if he thinks all my situation has happened because of Lockdowns?  A lot has contributed to getting the diabetes. Genetics play a factor too.  

On 5/2/2021 at 2:13 AM, happiness IS said:

https://www.livingphit.com/acidity-and-diabetes-how-alkalizing-the-body-may-help-to-prevent-manage-or-reverse-diabetes/

ACIDITY AND DIABETES: HOW ALKALIZING THE BODY MAY HELP TO PREVENT, MANAGE, OR REVERSE DIABETES

The ideal type of diet that you should consume should consist of a diet that includes foods that are 60 – 70% alkaline, and foods that are 30 – 40% acidic.

Some of the most acidic foods which should be either avoided or taken in only small quantities include the following:

Meat    Fish     Poultry (except chicken breast)

Dairy Foods     Processed Foods    White Sugar   White Flour   Yeast Products

The ideal foods that you should include with every meal and which every diabetic should include in their diet that have a strong alkalizing effect on the body include:

Lots of dark leafy green vegetables    Soy based foods

Some types of nuts and legumes     Olive oil

Spices and seasonings

Proteins such as salmon or chicken breast which have lower acidity

For those of you who don’t have diabetes we would have also included fruits in the above category because, even though fruits are acidic in their normal state, they actually metabolize into an alkaline product.

However, many of these fruits also contain high sugar levels which can cause harm to a diabetic.

Some great advice 

Alfalfa has loads of minerals in one hit. 

There's a great load of choices these days. I started doing keto diet. So far it's been helping. Me shed some weight. Hopefully it will get rid of the diabetes

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I‘m a registered fasting coach, so to perhaps make it simple I highly recommend intermittent fasting (at least 12 hours, working your way up to 14, 16, 18 hours - for women maybe less to avoid gall stones) and NO snacking inbetween. For the exact reason mentioned regarding sugar insulin spikes everytime a person ingests food. Also avoiding the following foods:

-white starches, breads, potatoes, rice, pasta

-candies, chocolate, crackers, cakes, donuts 😉

-any fried or processed foods

-sodas

-wine

-high sugar fruits 

-pork or cold cuts containing pork 

Include:

-healthy proteins (long list)

-healthy fats (for hormone and brain function)

-fiber, fiber, and more fiber (for satiety and regularlity)

-organic when possible

-berries

-tumeric

-no limit to herbs and spices

-walking everyday and getting plenty of sunlight and fresh air

I recommend combining breakfast and lunch into one meal, and then having a minimum of 5-6 hours of no eating or snacking inbetween, and then a second meal. If it helps drink inbetween plenty of water, herb teas or coffee without sugar!

Give yourself a week, then check your weight, insulin levels again, and allow yourself a small reward for any positive results. Keep going until your out of the red zone or until you have achieved your health goals. 

Remember visceral fat around your stomach shoots out toxins into the body and adds to body stress. The digestive tract is responsible for 80% of health issues, illnesses and diseases today, so making your physical health a priority or project will reduce any body inflammation, avoiding disease, and get you to a reasonable healthy state. 

If a person has a sweet tooth, to quench it, try bitter teas or drops, such as wormwood. 

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

4 minutes ago, Woanders said:

I‘m a registered fasting coach, so to perhaps make it simple I highly recommend intermittent fasting (at least 12 hours, working your way up to 14, 16, 18 hours - for women maybe less to avoid gall stones) and NO snacking inbetween. For the exact reason mentioned regarding sugar insulin spikes everytime a person ingests food. Also avoiding the following foods:

-white starches, breads, potatoes, rice, pasta

-candies, chocolate, crackers, cakes, donuts 😉

-any fried or processed foods

-sodas

-wine

-high sugar fruits 

Include:

-healthy proteins (long list)

-healthy fats (for hormone and brain function)

-fiber, fiber, and more fiber (for satiety and regularlity)

-organic when possible

-berries

-walking everyday and getting plenty of sunlight and fresh air

I recommend combining breakfast and lunch into one meal, and then having a minimum of 5-6 hours of no eating or snacking inbetween, and then a second meal. If it helps drink inbetween plenty of water, herb teas or coffee without sugar!

Give yourself a week, then check your weight, insulin levels again, and allow yourself a small reward for any positive results. Keep going until your out of the red zone or until you have achieved your health goals. 

Remember visceral fat around your stomach shoots out toxins into the body and adds to body stress. The digestive tract is responsible for 80% of health issues, illnesses and diseases today, so making your physical health a priority or project will reduce any body inflammation, avoiding disease, and get you to a reasonable healthy state. 

If a person has a sweet tooth, to quench it, try bitter teas or drops, such as wormwood. 

I've been fasting in the morning for the past 2 weeks. I eat about 12pm.  I made a few purchases on dresses. Larger size. I think I will have to get smaller size by the time they are here. I jumped on the scales and have lost 20 kgs so far. Funny how when you shed the KS. The better you start to feel. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

3 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Funny how when you shed the KS. The better you start to feel. 

Your giving your body a gift - the gift of proper reabsorption and physiological function. This will reduce body stress levels, making you feel better each day! Congrats 🎉 💓

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Just now, Woanders said:

Your giving your body a gift - the gift of proper reabsorption and physiological function. This will reduce body stress levels, making you feel better each day! Congrats 🎉 💓

Sweet 🥰❤️

An older brother was saying that is. What he does but he does it for a few days in on spell.  My Dad used to do one day every now and then. My friends introduced me to some sugar free cakes. Low carb bars so good. Still occasionally

I have an appointment the 19th. I’ve been pretty bad this winter. I’m gonna go a week ahead of time to get the blood work done. As usual not looking forward to the results. I finally buckled down and started limiting what I should have been cutting out months ago. That’s always my excuse. 🥴

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

A ketogenic diet pulled me out of pre-diabetic. Normalized my cholesterol and triglycerides. My numbers for everything is better than in my late 30's! Can't say enough about it.

I've also been doing IF for about 10 months or so. Mostly 18/6 but can do a 24 hour once in a while, makes me feel so good.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34