JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, May 3 When anxieties overwhelmed me, you comforted and soothed me.​—Ps. 94:19.

Monday, May 3

When anxieties overwhelmed me, you comforted and soothed me.—Ps. 94:19.

Have you ever been plagued by anxiety? Perhaps it was because of what others have said or done or because of what you have said or done. For example, you may have made a mistake, and you worry that Jehovah will never forgive you. To make matters worse, you may believe that because you are overwhelmed by anxiety, you must lack faith—you must be a bad person. Consider, though, a few Scriptural examples. Hannah, the prophet Samuel’s mother, was a woman of great faith. Yet, she was overcome by anxiety when a member of her household treated her badly. (1 Sam. 1:7) The apostle Paul had strong faith, but he was overwhelmed with “anxiety for all the congregations.” (2 Cor. 11:28) King David had such strong faith that Jehovah developed a special fondness for him. (Acts 13:22) Even so, David made mistakes that caused him to suffer bouts of crushing anxiety. (Ps. 38:4) Jehovah comforted and soothed each one of them. w20.02 20 ¶1-2

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

“Jehovah comforts, soothes”. 
My three words for the text. Two sisters and I do this daily. It’s wonderful on so many levels. First of all, I do read the text, secondly, I get to hear from two precious sisters, daily. Also, it takes some thought, rather then just reading it, and going about my merry way. 
🌷🌷🌷

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Who of us has not suffered anxiety? Life is full of it, from within and  from around us. We are strangely comforted when we consider others like Hannah and David who have gone through such hardships and made it through the other side. They made Jehovah their refuge during dark times. It gives us the understanding that there is hope for us.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Hannah, Paul & David are good examples Faith. Regardless of their anxieties they relied on Jehovah. Hannah poured out her heart to Jehovah & became self-concerned no more, David prayed for Jehovah’s forgiveness & accepted His discipline & Paul accepted help from other brothers & relied on God’s word for encouragement. Lesson: when we have anxious thoughts, Pray for Jehovah’s help, Ask him & Dig in His word to identify the root of our anxieties & throw our burden to Jehovah.

8 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

“Jehovah comforts, soothes”. 
My three words for the text. Two sisters and I do this daily. It’s wonderful on so many levels. First of all, I do read the text, secondly, I get to hear from two precious sisters, daily. Also, it takes some thought, rather then just reading it, and going about my merry way. 
🌷🌷🌷

Didn't we used to have a thread where we summed up the daily text in 3 words?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

My dearest Sr Miss Bea, you joined the forum on November 6, 2014 and the above topic was started a month later December 10, 2014. So perhaps in your exuberance to join the friends, you may have missed it.  We can always restart this wonderful topic and get  cracking at it again for the enjoyment of 'new' members like me.

Thanking you for your comment and relishing the memories of days gone by. 

@Miss Bea  I like how you worded your name in your user name ID. I remember watching 'Big Valley' in the 60's and the great actress Barbara Stanwyck's name would roll in at the end of the credits. In distinctly larger stylised words ' Miss Barbara Stanwyck'. Wow so much honor and regard accorded to her. Deservedly so.  A truly consummate and versatile actress of her time. 

You, my dearest sister too are a highly cherished member of this community. We relished the honor of having you in our midst.

Stanwyck_-_1942_film_04062020_50257.jpg

Edited by Mclove

3 minutes ago, Mclove said:

@Miss Bea  I like how you worded your name in your user name ID. I remember watching 'Big Valley' in the 60's and the great actress Barbara Stanwyck's name would roll in at the end of the credits. In distinctly larger stylised words ' Miss Barbara Stanwyck'. Wow so much honor and regard accorded to her. Deservedly so.  A truly consummate and versatile actress of her time. 

You, my dearest sister too is a highly cherished member of this community. We relished the honor of having you in our midst.

Stanwyck_-_1942_film_04062020_50257.jpg

Oh my. This is my gift. Thing is, I easily can say the same about you, dear sister. That is what is so wonderful about this site. The feelings and love we feel is reciprocated. We just love one another. 
I thank you for your kind words. I know you are perhaps thousands of miles away, and here I sit, with just wonderful feelings which you generated. Isn’t this a wonderful life?
A priceless gift! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!