JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Original song - One United People

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1089 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is one of the most powerful songs we have had after Song  63 “ We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses”. I felt it throughout every part of my body. I. Imagine us singing this song together when the odds comes against us. This song would fit in with any occasion that we may have. All I can say together with the rest of Jehovah‘s people, Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Come Lord Jesus.

Edited by Alikay

1 hour ago, Alikay said:

Song  63 “ We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses”.

Interesting you should mention this song. Did you also notice that Br. Splane referred to this song more than once in his Morning Worship talk? He used the words:

- Ours is the God of true prophecy

- We serve a God of true prophecy and what he foretells comes to be.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:57 AM, Dages said:

I'll need to hear the song in other languages because it wasn't as epic (in French) as I expected... and the Russian song after was absolute incredible.

Try german 😉  I think classical style songs are the only songs sounding good in german :D 

I like how sometimes the songs in Dutch are different from the ones in English. I tended to listen to the English first and then to the Dutch one, and then thought the Dutch was a little off.. but when I changed this, it became better.

This month's song in Dutch is soooo different in voice then the English one.. So high But, I think I do enjoy it more

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

I like how sometimes the songs in Dutch are different from the ones in English. I tended to listen to the English first and then to the Dutch one, and then thought the Dutch was a little off.. but when I changed this, it became better.

This month's song in Dutch is soooo different in voice then the English one.. So high But, I think I do enjoy it more

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

The translators have some leeway when they produce a translation, but try to follow closely to the instructions regarding the meaning of the song. Is it easy? No, but they do their best. And it is particularly hard now during COVID to produce our music.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 5/4/2021 at 1:57 AM, Dages said:

I'll need to hear the song in other languages because it wasn't as epic (in French) as I expected... and the Russian song after was absolute incredible.

Totally agree. It was incredible!! I hope we will get it translated into English. 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25