JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Daily Text... in Three Words (Cont.)

Friday, October 1

The eyes of Jehovah are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.—2 Chron. 16:9.

Spoiler

We see abundant evidence that Jehovah protects his people today. Consider: We are preaching and teaching the truth in all parts of the earth.  As a result, we expose the evil works of the Devil.

Surely, if Satan were able to, he would stop all our activity, but he cannot. So we do not need to be terrified of wicked spirits. If we are faithful to Jehovah, the demons cannot cause us lasting harm.

However, all of us need to resist wicked spirits and trust in Jehovah. If we do that, we will receive many blessings and we will avoid being misled by Satan’s lies.

Also, we will not be paralyzed by fear of the demons. Above all, we will strengthen our friendship with Jehovah. “Oppose the Devil,” wrote the disciple James, “and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.”

My good friend Wendy had a frightening encounter with wicked spirits. So all she did was to say out loud Jehovah's name. And she said it worked. The demons who terrorized her left her immediately.

When the organisation where I was working shifted to a more remote area, I would always rest myself in the cavernous filing room during my lunch hour.  My Muslim colleagues (99 % of the workforce) had warned that the site where the 3 storey building is situated is reputed to be a 'hard' area. Meaning : spirit infested. So they were quite amazed that I was not scared to be alone in that storeroom. One time I experienced this feeling of being afloat while lying down in that room. I suspect there were unseen forces at work then. I merely silently mouthed the name of Jehovah and I had no more problems after that. I was quite amazed at the 'trick' my late friend taught me. No brainer actually. We can count on Jehovah to protect us from Satan and his henchmen. 

So after a while, my Muslims colleagues had much respect for my religion. Nevertheless they never ventured into that area alone. Always bringing a companion when fetching files from the filing room. We had a few episodes of hysteria among the female staff but on other floors in that vast office complex. 

Muslims here believed that non Muslims who eat pork would not be disturbed by evil spirits. One Muslim neighbour once asked me for a pig's bone to store in her attic as a deterrent against demons. 

Jehovah's Protected people

Edited by happiness IS

• 2 months later...

Tuesday, December 28

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one.—Ps. 51:10.

We can fight envy by cultivating humility and contentment. When our heart is full of these good qualities, envy will have no room to grow. Humility will help us not to think too highly of ourselves. A humble person does not feel that he deserves more than everyone else. 

Someone who is content is satisfied with what he has and does not compare himself with others.  When a person who is humble and content sees someone receive something good, he is happy for him.

We need the help of God’s holy spirit if we are to avoid the fleshly trait of envy and instead cultivate humility and contentment. Jehovah’s holy spirit can help us to examine our innermost thoughts and motives. With God’s help, we can replace harmful thoughts and feelings with upbuilding ones

Edited by happiness IS

• 4 months later...

"Equal respect? Yes! 😊." 

Sunday, May 15  Each one has his own gift from God, one in this way, another in that way.—1 Cor. 7:7.

a three word summary

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

14 hours ago, Wayne said:

"Equal respect? Yes! 😊." 

Spoiler

Each one has his own gift from God, one in this way, another in that way.

The apostle Paul encouraged Christians to consider whether they could serve Jehovah as single people.  Certainly Paul did not look down on single Christians.

In fact, he chose young Timothy, a single brother, to care for weighty assignments.  Obviously, then, it would be wrong to think that a brother is more qualified or less qualified based solely on whether he is married or not.  Neither Jesus nor Paul taught that Christians must marry or that they must remain single. What, then, can we say about marriage and singleness? 

The Watchtower of October 1, 2012, stated it nicely when it said: “Really, both [marriage and singleness] can be described as gifts from God. . . . Jehovah does not view [singleness] as a cause for shame or grief.” With this in mind, we need to respect the place of single brothers and sisters in the congregation

"Patient  Focused (example) Jesus" 
                     Mark 4:28

Monday, May 16  "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, . . . only the Father.—Matt. 24:36.

a three word summary

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

13 hours ago, Wayne said:

"Patient  Focused (example) Jesus"

Mark 4:28  On its own the ground bears fruit gradually, first the stalk, then the head, finally the full grain in the head.

Spoiler

Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, . . . only the Father.

In some countries, people respond eagerly when they hear the good news. It is just what they have been waiting for! In other lands, people show little interest in God or the Bible. What is the common response where you live? Whatever it is, Jehovah expects us to keep right on preaching until the work is completed to his satisfaction. At Jehovah’s set time, the preaching work will reach its conclusion and “the end will come.” 

Jesus foretold events and conditions that would mark the last days and that could distract his followers from accomplishing the preaching work. He admonished his disciples to “keep on the watch.” Today, we face distractions similar to those that prevented the people of Noah’s day from paying attention to the warning proclaimed by Noah. Therefore, we want to stay focused on the work Jehovah has given us to do. 

Edited by happiness IS

"CULTIVATE Unfailing... Love 💕

1 Cor. 13:13

Thursday, May 19'22.  'Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.—Matt. 28:19.

a three word summary

"LOVE Jehovah's Law 💕

Ps. 1:1-3

Friday, May 20, 2022 "God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.—Jas. 4:6.

a three word summary

On 5/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, Wayne said:

"CULTIVATE Unfailing... Love 💕

(1 Cor 13:13)  Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

Spoiler

Thursday, May 19

Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.

If you are the one who studied with the new disciple, how thrilling for you to witness that one’s baptism!  Newly baptized disciples are fine “letters of recommendation,” not just for those who studied with them but also for the whole congregation

It is very good to see that in a 4 year period, on average, some 10,000,000 Bible studies have been reported every month worldwide. And during those same years, on average, over 280,000 got baptized each year as Jehovah’s Witnesses and new disciples of Jesus Christ.

How can we help more of those millions of Bible students to get baptized? As long as Jehovah is patiently allowing people the time and opportunity to become Christ’s disciples, we want to do all we can to help them progress to baptism as quickly as possible. Time is fast running out!

"enjoy what YOU CAN DO 💕
           five words today

Saturday, May 21, 2022. "Remember . . . your Grand Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of distress come and the years arrive when you will say: “I have no pleasure in them.”—Eccl. 12:1.Young ones

a three word summary

PXL_20220505_192006691.jpg

On 5/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, Wayne said:

"LOVE Jehovah's Law 💕

Ps. 1:1-3

Friday, May 20, 2022

Spoiler

King Saul did not obey Jehovah. And when the prophet Samuel confronted him about the matter, Saul did not acknowledge his mistake. Instead, he tried to justify his actions by minimizing the consequences of his disobedience and shifting the blame to others.

Earlier, Saul had displayed a similar attitude.  Sadly, he allowed his heart to become haughty. He did not correct his thinking, so Jehovah reproved him and rejected him.

To learn from Saul’s example, we do well to ask ourselves these questions:

• When I read counsel from God’s Word, do I tend to justify my thinking?
  • Do I minimize the consequences of disobedience?
  • Do I shift the blame for my actions to someone else?’

If our answer to any of those questions is yes, we must adjust our thinking and attitude. Otherwise, our heart can become so haughty that Jehovah will reject us as his friend.

" Cure-all, The Kingdom 💕

Matthew 6:10

Sunday, May 22,2022 '

"I must . . . declare the good news of the Kingdom of God . . . , because for this I was sent.—Luke 4:43

a three word summary

On 5/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, Wayne said:

enjoy what YOU CAN DO 💕
           five words today

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Spoiler

Remember . . . your Grand Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of distress come and the years arrive when you will say: “I have no pleasure in them.”

Young ones, decide whom you will serve. You have to prove to yourself who Jehovah is, what his purpose involves, and how his will relates to your life.  Then you will be able to make the most important decision of your life, the decision to serve Jehovah. 

If you keep a regular schedule of Bible reading and study, your love for Jehovah will continue to grow and your faith in him will become stronger. Choose to put Jehovah’s will first in your life. Satan’s world promises that if you use your talents for your own benefit, you will be happy. In truth, those who focus on material goals stab themselves “all over with many pains.”  On the other hand, if you listen to Jehovah and choose to put his will first in your life, you will be successful and “you will act wisely".

Cure-all, The Kingdom 💕

Matthew 6:10

Sunday, May 22,2022 

Spoiler

I must . . . declare the good news of the Kingdom of God . . . , because for this I was sent.

In the first century, the message that Jesus preached offered hope to all mankind. He commanded his followers to continue the work he started, to give a witness “to the most distant part of the earth.” 

Of course, they could not do this work in their own strength. They would need holy spirit—“the helper” that Jesus had promised them.  Jesus’ followers received the holy spirit at Pentecost 33 C.E. With the help of that spirit, they immediately began to preach, and in a short time, thousands accepted the good news.

When opposition arose, the disciples did not give in to fear but turned to God for help. They prayed: “Grant to your slaves to keep speaking your word with all boldness.” They were then filled with holy spirit and kept “speaking the word of God with boldness.”

"RESURRECTION Rejected = 🚫 Hope" 💕

Monday, May 23, 3022 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and . . . he was raised up.—1 Cor. 15:3, 4.Why can we

a three word summary

PXL_20211025_031436457.jpg

Monday, May 23

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and . . . he was raised up.

Spoiler

Why can we be certain that Jehovah brought Jesus back to life? There were many eyewitnesses who testified that Jesus had been raised. 

The first witness on the apostle Paul’s list was the apostle Peter (Cephas). A group of disciples confirmed that Peter saw the resurrected Jesus.  In addition, “the Twelve,” the apostles, saw Jesus after he was raised. Then Christ “appeared to more than 500 brothers at one time,” perhaps at the joyous event in Galilee mentioned at Matthew 28:16-20.

Jesus also “appeared to James,” likely Jesus’ half brother, who previously had not put faith in Jesus as the Messiah.  After seeing the resurrected Jesus, James was convinced. Significantly, about 55 C.E. when Paul wrote this letter, many eyewitnesses of the resurrection were alive, so any doubter could consult with living, credible witnesses

Loved your watercolor paintings, Brother Wayne. Adds a lovely touch to your contribution

Edited by happiness IS

" COMPLETE RELIEF AHEAD " 💕

-Isa. 33:24.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 "Jehovah will sustain him on his sickbed.—Ps. 41:3

a three word summary

Tuesday, May 24

Spoiler

Jehovah will sustain him on his sickbed.

When we are not feeling well and especially if we are dealing with a chronic illness, we may find it hard to think positively. So turn to Jehovah for support. While he does not cure us miraculously now, he does comfort us and can give us the strength we need so as to endure.

For example, he may move fellow Christians to come to our aid when we need help with chores. He may move our brothers to pray with us. Or he may bring back to our mind comforting thoughts found in his Word, such as the wonderful hope of perfect life without sickness and pain in the coming new world. 

However, we may feel limited in what we can do in the ministry. A sister named Laurel was confined to an iron lung for 37 years! She endured cancer, major surgeries, and chronic skin disorders. But it did not silence her. She witnessed to nurses and attendants who came to her home and helped at least 17 people come to an accurate knowledge of the Bible!

image.png.46c2683ec72af5dee8390b18c2305d51.png

" Supplicate Jehovah's Help " 💕

Psalm 118:5-7.

Wednesday, May 25,2022 "Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?—Ps. 118:6.

a three word summary

6 hours ago, Wayne said:

Wednesday, May 25,2022

Spoiler

The apostle Paul needed help. About 56 C.E., a crowd dragged him outside the temple in Jerusalem and tried to kill him. The next day, when Paul was brought before the Sanhedrin, he was almost torn apart by his enemies.

At that point, Paul may have wondered, ‘How much longer can I endure this treatment?’ What help did Paul receive? The night after Paul was arrested, “the Lord,” Jesus, stood by him and said: “Take courage! For just as you have been giving a thorough witness about me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.” 

What timely encouragement! Jesus commended Paul for the witness he had given in Jerusalem. And he promised that Paul would safely reach Rome, where he would give a further witness. After receiving that assurance, Paul must have felt as secure as a child nestled in his father’s arms

Wednesday, May 25,2022 "Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?—Ps. 118:6.

a three word summary

Edited by Wayne

Mistay

" undisturbed,” demonstrating trust " 💕
        Isaiah 30:15.

Thursday, May 26, 2022.  "We have this hope . . . , both sure and firm.—Heb. 6:19.

a three word summary