JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Daily Text... in Three Words (Cont.)

Thursday, May 26

" undisturbed,” demonstrating trust " 💕

Spoiler

Our Kingdom hope serves “as an anchor for the soul,” giving us stability despite challenging circumstances or anxious thoughts. Meditate on Jehovah’s promise of a future in which negative thoughts will be gone. 

Picture yourself in the peaceful new world, where distressing situations will no longer exist.  You will also strengthen your hope as you share it with others. Do all you can in the preaching and disciple-making work. If you do, you can “have the full assurance of the hope down to the end.”

As this system of things comes to its end, we will experience more challenges that could produce anxious thoughts. We will be able to face those challenges and remain calm, not in our own strength, but through our trust in Jehovah. Let us show by our actions that we have faith in Jehovah’s promise: “Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”

" inclined to forgive" 💕
       Col. 3:13.

Friday, May 27, 2022  "Jehovah is very tender in affection.—Jas. 5:11.

a three word summary

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

12 hours ago, Wayne said:

" inclined to forgive" 💕
       Col. 3:13.

Friday, May 27, 2022

(Col 3:13)  Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely even if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Just as Jehovah freely forgave you, you must also do the same.

Spoiler

Note that James 5:11 links Jehovah’s tender affection to another quality that draws us to him—his mercy. 

One way in which Jehovah shows us mercy is by forgiving us for the mistakes we make. In the Bible, mercy involves much more than forgiveness.

Mercy is an intense feeling that springs from inside a person when he or she sees someone in distress and is moved to try to help the person. Jehovah describes the intense desire he has to help us as being greater than the feelings that a mother has for her child. 

When we are in distress, Jehovah’s mercy moves him to help us.  We can show mercy to our brothers and sisters by forgiving them and not holding a grudge when they disappoint us.

But a primary way we can show mercy is by supporting our brothers and sisters through the hardships they face. Thus we imitate Jehovah, the supreme example of tender affection.

image.png.2b646acac9213e9015816dfe8c099dd5.png

"Make unselfish decisions" 💕
      Rom. 15:3

Saturday, May 28, 2022  "Christ . . .

a model for you to follow his steps closely.—1 Pet. 2:21.

a three word summary

"basic principle-of headship" 💕
      👁️ 1 Corinthians 11:3

Sunday, May 29, 2022  "Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah.—Ps. 150:6.

a three word summary

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

"Make unselfish decisions" 💕
 Rom 15:3 For even the Christ did not please himself, but just as it is written: “The reproaches of those reproaching you have fallen upon me.”

Saturday, May 28, 2022  

Spoiler

A family head needs to maintain the right balance. He should not become so involved in secular work to support his family that he fails to care properly for his family’s spiritual and emotional needs and provide them with training.

Jehovah trains and disciplines us with our best interests in mind.  Like his Father, Jesus trains those under his authority in a loving manner. He is firm but kind.  He understands that we are imperfect and prone to make mistakes. 

A family head who imitates Jehovah and Jesus makes allowances for the imperfections of family members. He does not become “bitterly angry” with his wife or children.  Instead, he applies the principle recorded at Galatians 6:1 and tries to readjust them “in a spirit of mildness,” remembering that he too is imperfect. Like Jesus, he realizes that the best way to teach is by example

21 hours ago, Wayne said:

"basic principle-of headship" 💕
  (1 Cor 11:3) 3  I want you to know that every man’s head is the Christ, and a woman’s head the man, and the Christ’s head God.

Sunday, May 29, 2022  "Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah.

Spoiler

Sunday

By means of the ransom, Jehovah purchased the lives of each individual in the congregation and, potentially, of all humankind.  So it is fitting that he appointed Jesus, who gave his life as a ransom, as head of the congregation.

As our head, Jesus has the authority to make and to enforce rules that govern the conduct of individuals, of families, and of the entire congregation.  But Jesus does more than just make rules. He feeds and cherishes each one of us. 

Sisters show that they respect Christ by following the direction given by the men he has appointed to take care of them. Brothers show that they understand the headship arrangement by respecting and honoring sisters. When all in the congregation understand and respect the principle of headship, the congregation enjoys peace. And more important, we bring praise to our loving heavenly Father, Jehovah.

image.png.390eb417c54a63dc98c27c2b2813a0d8.png

Edited by happiness IS

"Inquire - then submit" 💕
         —HEB. 12:9

Monday, May 30, 2022.  "David inquired of Jehovah.—1 Sam. 30:8.

a three word summary

"Inquire - then submit" 💕
         (Heb 12:9) Furthermore, our human fathers used to discipline us, and we gave them respect. Should we not more readily submit ourselves to the Father of our spiritual life and live?

Monday, May 30, 2022.  "David inquired of Jehovah

Spoiler

During the time when David and his men were fugitives, they had left their families to go on a mission. While the men were away, an enemy force raided their homes and took their families captive. David could have concluded that with all the experience he had as a warrior, he could surely devise an effective strategy for rescuing the captives.

Instead, David looked to Jehovah for guidance. David inquired of Jehovah: “Should I chase after this marauder band?” Jehovah indicated that David should do so and assured him that he would be successful. 

What can you learn from this incident? Seek advice before you make decisions. Young ones, consult your parents. You can also get good advice by talking to experienced elders. Jehovah trusts these appointed men, and you can too. Jehovah views them as “gifts” to the congregation.  You will benefit by imitating their faith and by listening to the wise suggestions they give

"Keeping fighting weaknesses" 💕

Rom: 7:21-25

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 "[Nothing] will be able to separate us from God’s love.—Rom. 8:38, 39

a three word summary

17 hours ago, Wayne said:

(Rom 7:21)  I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=45007021&srcid=share

Tuesday, May 31

Spoiler

Jesus said that if we do not apply what we learn, we are like a man who builds his house on sand. He works hard, but he is wasting his effort. Why? Because when a storm and flood hit his house, it will collapse. 

Similarly, if we do not apply what we learn, we will have wasted our effort. When our faith is tested by trials or persecution, it will not be strong enough.

On the other hand, when we study and apply what we learn, we make better decisions, we gain more peace, and we develop stronger faith. 

To maintain our integrity under trial, we need to rely on Jehovah in prayer and maintain a good study routine. And we must always remember that one of the most important things we can do is to bring glory to Jehovah. We can be certain that Jehovah will never abandon us and that there is nothing anyone can do to break his love for us.

Edited by happiness IS

Rom: 7:21-25

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 "[Nothing] will be able to separate us from God’s love.—Rom. 8:38, 39

a three word summary

"LOVE  Never Sleeps" 💕

1 Thess. 5:5,6

Wednesday, June 1, 2022.  "We were determined to impart to you, not only the good news of God but also our very selves.—1 Thess. 2:8

a three word summary

Edited by Wayne

Messed up

Love-Jesus - "ADORE"Jehovah   💕
           (John 16:27)

Thursday, June 2, 2022.  "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.—Matt. 28:18.

a three word summary

"Extraordinary from Ordinary" 💕
           (Acts 4:13)

Friday, June 3, 2022.  "I take pleasure in weaknesses, . . . for when I am weak, then I am powerful.—2 Cor. 12:10

a three word summary

"Topics Interesting Motivating" 💕
           (Luke 24:22)

Saturday, June 4,2022.  "I do all things for the sake of the good news, in order to share it with others.—1 Cor. 9:23

a three word summary

"faithful obedience forever" 💕
           (Psalm 147:11)

Sunday, June 5, 2022  "During that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book.—Dan. 12:1.

a three word summary 

"Opportunity - show love" 💕
           (Luke 9:62)

Monday, June 6, 2022.  "O Jehovah, your name endures forever.—Ps. 135:13.

a three word summary

On 6/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, Wayne said:

❤️-Jesus - "ADORE"Jehovah  (NOTE @Wayne  Emojis are not not considered a word in this game)

(John 16:27)  For the Father himself has affection for you, because you have had affection for me and have believed that I came as God’s representative.

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Spoiler

All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

We must be friends with Jesus if we are to have a good relationship with Jehovah. Why is that true? Consider just 2 reasons. First, Jesus told his disciples: “The Father himself has affection for you, because you have had affection for me.” 

He also said: “No one comes to the Father except through me.”  Trying to be Jehovah’s friend without building a close bond with Jesus is like trying to enter a building without using the door.

Jesus used a similar illustration when he described himself as “the door for the sheep.” 

A 2nd reason is that Jesus perfectly reflected his Father’s qualities. He said to his disciples: “Whoever has seen me has seen the Father also.” So an important way that we come to know Jehovah is by studying the life of Jesus. As we learn about Jesus, our affection for him will grow. And as our friendship with Jesus grows, our love for his Father will deepen

Edited by happiness IS

On 6/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Wayne said:

"Extraordinary from Ordinary"

Acts 4:13  Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Friday, June 3, 2022

I take pleasure in weaknesses, . . . for when I am weak, then I am powerful.—2 Cor. 12:10.

Spoiler

Are you lying in a bed or sitting in a wheelchair? Do you have weak knees or poor eyesight? If so, can you run along with those who are young and healthy? You certainly can!

Many older and infirm ones are running on the road to life. They cannot do this work in their own power. Instead, they draw on Jehovah’s strength by listening to Christian meetings over a telephone tie-line or watching meetings through video streaming. And they engage in the disciple-making work by witnessing to doctors, nurses, and relatives.

Never let discouragement over your physical limitations convince you that you are too weak to run on the road to life. Jehovah loves you for your faith in him and your record of endurance. You need his help now more than ever, and he will not abandon you.

Instead, he will draw even closer to you

image.png.a540270929ccd7b2e4fc4c8ae5daa39e.png

Edited by happiness IS

"united, imperfect, forgiving" 💕 (Psalm 86:5)

Tuesday, June 7, 2022.  "Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely.—Col. 3:13.

a three word summary

"cannot be shaken" 💕 (Heb. 3:6)

Wednesday, June 8, 2022. "The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself.—Prov. 22:3.

a three word summary

"Love Respect Humility" 💕 (Eph. 5:33)

Thursday, June 9, 2022 "[Seek], not [your] own advantage, but that of the other person.—1 Cor. 10:24,

a three word summary

"Jehovah's Power Transforms" 💕 (1Peter 1:18)

Friday, June 10, 2022  "I was making greater progress in Judaism than many of my own age in my nation.—Gal. 1:14.

a three word summary

"Zealously covering Earth" 💕 (Acts 1:8)

Saturday June 11, 2022. "Whoever exercises faith in me . . . will do works greater than these.—John 14:12.

a three word summary

"Focus on Future" 💕 (Rom. 12:12)

Sunday, June 12, 2022.  "By faith Abraham, when he was tested, as good as offered up Isaac.—Heb. 11:17 

a three word summary

"singleness = unique advantages " 💕  ( 1 Cor. 7:32-35)

Tuesday, June 14, 2022.  "Make it your aim . . . to mind your own business.—1 Thess. 4:11.

a three word summary