JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brothers,  I hope you can help me.  This past year I've been creating letter writing lists in Google Drive.  Our new Service Overseer wants me to send him a fillable template so he can distribute it and get others to help me.  I am new to Google Drive and I can't find this feature.  I created a template as a PDF and emailed it to myself but it is not electronically fillable.  I found a few apps that are used by teachers for their students but they ask access to my google account or cost money.  I'm trying to find a free method of turning a google document into an edit-able doc regardless of the operating system the recipient uses and we don't want to just give all the friends access to the main folder.  Any advice? Thank you.

Would something like SmartSheets do what you want?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You want sheets.google.com, not docs.google.com or drive.google.com. Then either send him a copy of the sheets from Google Sheets/Drive to his Google account, or save it as an Open Document Format/Excel spreadsheet and send that to him. For example, here is the one I've made and use.

Territory: Area, City, Zip: Please shred printed lists after working. Proverbs 11:13
Address, Street, Apt # Resident First & Last Name Date & Literature Publisher Notes: Phone, PO Box, Reply, Returns

Edited by Myew

On 5/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, Californiamama said:

I'm trying to find a free method of turning a google document into an edit-able doc regardless of the operating system the recipient uses

I forgot to mention that while most people primarily use Google Sheets online, if someone is needing or wanting to do spreadsheets offline for whatever reason, there's a great free and open source office suite called LibreOffice, easiest to install it from https://ninite.com/.

Update:  This is still a work in progress but I created a new folder on the google drive (I am using sheets within the drive) and I can load any streets we need the friends to work on and then share JUST THAT FOLDER.  That was our concern, keeping the rest of the information insulated.  We haven't used this yet IRL but will soon so I'll know for sure if this idea worked and give an update for those who may have the same issue.  Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Its in our elders book.

That is in reference to congregation record information. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 hours ago, Old said:

That is in reference to congregation record information. 

The od book 15:11

arrangements for covering territory comply with applicable data protection laws.

Like I said I am not a lawyer but how would you feel if somebody was gathering information like this and storing it on cloud storage that could be easily hacked. We already have enough trouble without inviting trouble.