JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, July 6 God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness.​—Rom. 1:24.

Tuesday, July 6

God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness.—Rom. 1:24.

People who adopt the wisdom of this world ridicule the Bible’s moral standards, claiming that they are unrealistic. Such people might ask, ‘Why would God create us with sexual desires and then tell us not to act on them?’ That question is founded on the flawed belief that humans must act on every urge they feel. But the Bible states otherwise. It dignifies us by teaching that we can choose to control improper impulses. (Col. 3:5) In addition, Jehovah has provided the gift of marriage, an arrangement in which proper sexual desires can be honorably satisfied. (1 Cor. 7:8, 9) In contrast with the wisdom of this world, the Bible promotes a healthy view of sexuality. It acknowledges that sex can be a source of pleasure. (Prov. 5:18, 19) However, the Bible says: “Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion.”—1 Thess. 4:4, 5. w19.05 22-23 ¶7-9

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

The wisdom of the world is foolish. Jehovah sets standards for us for our good and those around us. He doesn't keep anything good from us. If we are affected by the worlds thinking then we should reevaluate our thoughts and motives and pray fervently as David did as asked Jehovah - Search through me, O God, and know my heart. Examine me, and know my anxious thoughts.24 See whether there is in me any harmful way, And lead me in the way of eternity.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

The wisdom of the world is foolish. Jehovah sets standards for us for our good and those around us. He doesn't keep anything good from us. If we are affected by the worlds thinking then we should reevaluate our thoughts and motives and pray fervently as David did as asked Jehovah - Search through me, O God, and know my heart. Examine me, and know my anxious thoughts.24 See whether there is in me any harmful way, And lead me in the way of eternity.

Great comment Vinnie. As you said to reevaluate our thoughts I was thinking 'elevate' our thoughts,  same tho. Enjoyed your thoughts.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34