JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jw original songs lyrics app

I found this app while trying to setup the Jw Library for a sister some days back https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.originalsongs.jw I was wowed because I have been looking for something like this in an app to sign along instead of using PDF but the app is only available to android devices. Does anyone know how I can reach the developer to make an iOS version of the app? 

I personally don't support apps that appear to mine data from jw.org and are supported by ads, however the information you are looking for was provided in the link you posted.

megdevsteam@gmail.com

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Jnr said:

Does anyone know how I can reach the developer to make an iOS version of the app? 

I noticed that you left a review for that app two months ago and another review today, did the developers respond to your review?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Brother, I am very confused. The app has a Message Us link that addresses an email that appears to be registered to you..

Is this your app?

So I installed the app. Here is the main menu. When I clicked "lyrics" I had to watch an ad, which was annoying. I'll touch again on ads a little further below. The app does just contain song lyrics, which is admittedly handy if you want that kind of thing...

Screenshot_20210713-183418.jpgScreenshot_20210713-183443.jpgScreenshot_20210713-183529.jpg

But you asked the following question...

13 hours ago, Jnr said:

Does anyone know how I can reach the developer

... and then things got even more interesting, as it sure looks like you just might be the developer. When I click "Message Us" I get the following contact address...

Screenshot_20210713-183611_Gmail.jpg

And then when I search for that email address I see this search result...

Screenshot_20210713-185223_Edge.jpg

... and you're first name is also Uwem according to your public profile.

By the way, it looks like he needs to pay his hosting bill....

Screenshot_20210713-181517_Edge.jpg

And then get this, the developer pretends to not be the developer and rates his own app, twice, lol...

Screenshot_20210713-190158_Google Play Store.jpgScreenshot_20210713-190137_Google Play Store.jpg

... which is a little disingenous. Rating your own app is kinda like doing this...

glitter GIF

So in summary, if this is you're app, and your shamelessly promoting it by means of this story, then I would file that next to Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) and say 'buyer beware'. If this is actually one colossal coincidence, then we apologize while at the same time would be genuinely baffled. We actually have to give credit to our sister moderators for sounding the alarm on this post, because we have been cautioned about unofficial apps and websites for Jehovah's Witnesses in the past. Others on the team helped with the investigation and screen captures too.  

I said I would get back to the ads, and so it goes without saying that the ads are a little concerning. We used to have ads here on JWTalk Forums as well. At the time it seemed like a good way to pay for hosting and the software license without running donation drives of any kind. But ultimately we were told to remove them. I imagine that the Branch would not be happy with the developer of this app receiving any kind of commercial gain from material they produce. The terms of use at JW.org says...

• [You may not] Reproduce, duplicate, copy, distribute, or otherwise exploit any artwork, electronic publications, trademarks, music, photos, text, or videos on this website for a commercial purpose or for money (even if no profit is involved).

I know many of us would feel better about the app if the ads were removed and saw that the project was more a labor of love than just another income stream.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

13 hours ago, Jnr said:

Does anyone know how I can reach the developer to make an iOS version of the app? 

Sometimes it's just hard to find yourself and you need a little help...:lol1: