JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Stay Safe, South African Brothers.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1031 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57848357

South Africa looting: Government to deploy 25,000 troops after unrest

Hundreds of shops and businesses have been looted and the government says it is acting to prevent food shortages.

Citizens are arming themselves and forming vigilante groups to protect their property from the rampage.

" citizens arming themselves " this was brought out in our recent regional convention - '"don't plan on using a deadly weapon " 

" imitate the faithful, not the faithless - Enoch, not Lamech "

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57835756

More also from the BBC - "South Africa looting: I'm struggling to find food"

Leading a comfortable life in South Africa's coastal city of Durban, John - not his real name - risks running out of food for the first time ever following the mass looting and burning of supermarkets and shops after protests over the imprisonment of former President Jacob Zuma spiralled out of control.

Food, medication, fuel is in a shortage

In his suburb, the neighbourhood patrol operates only at night. He has joined it, along with about 25 other men.

"Some have guns, but most of us just carry sticks, pipes and torches. I never thought I'll ever do this, but we have no choice. There are no police; no soldiers," he said.

For our brothers there is a choice, not to use a deadly weapon, we may all face this situation before the end!

Thanks all. 

Things seem to be a bit calmer but the devastation caused is unlike anything most have seen. 

Many publishers in those areas are rationing essentials as the destruction and looting mean there is nothing in the shops to buy, if there is even a shop standing...

But rest assured Jehovah takes care of all his servants! 

22 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-14/south-africa-riots-stampede/100291104

Amazing to me how much people are NOT talking about this, but it's getting nasty.

Be safe, our brothers there.

This is passing in our TV every hour! Prayers!! Riots seem to raise every day everywhere.

Pandemic is creating havoc worldwide... no money, no goods, low mental health, low strenghth to work... Jehovah PLEASE LET YOUR KINGDOM COME!! WE NEED IT!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, Lee49 said:

For our brothers there is a choice, not to use a deadly weapon, we may all face this situation before the end!

i WAS THINKING about this Bro Lawrence.

As the end approaches quickly, riots and instability will make some of JW wonder if a weapon could serve as protection.

How Jehovah has prepared us in the Convention with the part: Imitate Enock not Lameck. That video never got out of my mind, somewhere in south america...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

13 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Jehovah PLEASE LET YOUR KINGDOM COME!! WE NEED IT!

Agreed. But it’s so great to hear reports in the meantime of many people beginning to study for the first time. Perhaps many more will see such desperate times and the need to really turn to God. Our year text comes to mind. 🧡

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

5 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

Agreed. But it’s so great to hear reports in the meantime of many people beginning to study for the first time. Perhaps many more will see such desperate times and the need to really turn to God. Our year text comes to mind. 🧡

You too are witnessing this? How amazing is this? I have a progressive bible study.

This week I started another one that is studying... EVERYDAY! She already atends meetings for months.

I have 4 mores studies to start and... perhaps one more in the near future. Now I find my self having so much to do at Jehovah´s service! Its unbelievable.

Looks like Jehovah is attracting the last sheep before it´s too late.

People are coming to me for help. asking for Bible guidance. asking for the Convention links... Im astonished! 

For me this means the GT is nearer than we think

Edited by Sofia

I wish I could speak Portuguese so I could join you on your studies. 😉Lol

No, my studies and calls have decreased and am limited to the same people. So doing letter writing mostly through phone book searching of English names. A bit challenging for my pioneering, but always seems like lots to do. 👍

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

1 hour ago, Lieblingskind said:

I wish I could speak Portuguese so I could join you on your studies. 😉Lol

No, my studies and calls have decreased and am limited to the same people. So doing letter writing mostly through phone book searching of English names. A bit challenging for my pioneering, but always seems like lots to do. 👍

All by zoom. :D thank you I would be honored to have you helping ❤️