JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, October 13 Welcome [Mark] if he comes to you.​—Col. 4:10.

Wednesday, October 13

Welcome [Mark] if he comes to you.—Col. 4:10.

Mark was happy to serve others. At various times he served alongside both the apostle Paul and the apostle Peter as they fulfilled their responsibilities, with Mark possibly attending to their physical needs. (Acts 13:2-5; 1 Pet. 5:13) Paul described Mark as one of his “fellow workers for the Kingdom of God” and as “a strengthening aid” to him. (Col. 4:11, ftn.) Mark became one of Paul’s close friends. For example, when Paul was imprisoned for the last time in Rome, about 65 C.E., he wrote his second letter to Timothy. In that letter, Paul asked Timothy to come to Rome and to bring Mark along. (2 Tim. 4:11) Paul no doubt appreciated Mark’s past faithful service, so he asked for Mark’s presence at that crucial time. Mark helped Paul in practical ways, perhaps supplying him with food or items for his writing. The support and encouragement that Paul received likely helped him to endure the final days leading up to his execution. w20.01 11 ¶12-13

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Paul knew he could depend on Mark It's heartwarming to have a dependable friend to rely on in times of need. Paul mentioned Mark by name. That shows his great appreciation. How good for us to show appreciation of our dear friends by letting them know it.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

The Bible say - ‘we should love not in word or with the tongue but in deed & truth’. Paul was not hesitant to approach Mark for help in dire situations. We learn from Mark’s example to be approachable & be willing to help in practical ways.
He didn’t have a martyr complex or even get tired of helping a friend/brother.
# Do I offer help then complain about it to others or sometimes to the person whom I’m giving help?  

If we look a the context of Colossians 4 we can see that Paul is listing all his beloved brothers who have helped or slaved in some way or another, (aswell as Mark) which reminds me to pray for all the ones I know of are suffering, or be thankful to Jehovah for all those who have helped us that day. Every morning I thank Him for all those that care about me and my family it’s wonderful! Might only be a handful but Jehovah uses such ones to answer prayers, and in return we are thankful for all those that are in our life daily too. Also reminds me to pray for (by name) some of those suffering persecution listed in the “newsroom” or out circuit servant or anyone else who know strives daily for Him.