JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 924 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

This is EXACTLY why the FDA can’t be trusted.  They DO NOT have our best interest in mind.

Does that mean when they recall food products for contamination you won’t trust them then?  You’ll ignore the advice and eat it regardless?

I don’t think it’s fair to make blanket statements that they are completely untrustworthy. All governments and government agencies provide lots of services and benefits to their citizens. (yes, even the Russian government.)  

As regards the fda, not everything they do will go by Bible standards. Not everything will always be 100% safe. But that doesn’t make them villains in a bad movie, plotting evil and mayhem about everything. 

We do well not to adopt the worldly trends of being anti government or anti establishment. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Does that mean when they recall food products for contamination you won’t trust them then?  You’ll ignore the advice and eat it regardless?

I don’t think it’s fair to make blanket statements that they are completely untrustworthy. All governments and government agencies provide lots of services and benefits to their citizens. (yes, even the Russian government.)  

As regards the fda, not everything they do will go by Bible standards. Not everything will always be 100% safe. But that doesn’t make them villains in a bad movie, plotting evil and mayhem about everything. 

We do well not to adopt the worldly trends of being anti government or anti establishment. 

I cannot speak for Grace, but I do not think she means what you say. 

The problem is due to the FDA receiving 45% of funding from drug  companies.

Why is the FDA Funded in Part by the Companies It Regulates? - UConn Today

The Food and Drug Administration has moved from an entirely taxpayer-funded entity to one increasingly funded by user fees paid by manufacturers that are being regulated. Today, close to 45% of its budget comes from these user fees that companies pay when they apply for approval of a medical device or drug.

As a pharmacist and medication and dietary supplement safety researcher, I understand the vital role that the FDA plays in ensuring the safety of medications and medical devices.

But I, along with many others, now wonder: Was this move a clever win-win for the manufacturers and the public, or did it place patient safety second to corporate profitability? It is critical that the U.S. public understand the positive and negative ramifications so the nation can strike the right balance.

FDA (F as in Food) wants to lower salt intake - Good.

FDA (D as in Drug) wants smokers to try safer alternatives in their efforts to give up the habit - Also Good.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!