JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Is happening in Russia Like Really!!!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 906 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yeah seriously the punishment does not fit the crime at all! I can see them doing that to murderers or rapists, but to be so brutal for everyday LAW-ABIDING citizens that don’t vote. And they are not just rough around young people, but also to the elderly as well, it’s disgusting. And I don’t know the details or how true this is(so correct me if I am wrong) but the persecution started being the Russian Orthodox Church don’t like Jehovah’s Witnesses, and since there close with the government they told them there extremists. All this suffering and persecution from a Christian church that is supposed to be about love and forgiveness, it is just crazy.
I believe that is true about the Russian Orthodox church initiating & fanning the flames of persecution. It's no wonder Jehovah executes judgement on false religion first.
How fitting that Jehovah turns one part of Satan's kingdom against another part of his kingdom --> wild beast DEVASTATES the harlot. It's no wonder Satan is being such a vicious persecutor. He knows we are in "the last of the last days" and he's about to see his rulership implode and then suffer loss of his power & freedom.

Our dear brothers & sisters (and us) when facing vicious persecution are assured of Jehovah's tender affection and the complete reversal of any physical or emotional scars:
James 5:11 - "Look! We consider happy those who have endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome Jehovah gave, that Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/17/2021 at 7:42 PM, Shawnster said:

at what point is it OK to resist the superior authorities?  

@Shawnster

I have already posted several lines of reasoning on this topic. Including some excellent WT articles. Even the way Jehovah designed the body, it instinctively reacts to protect itself from a blow. If you think that means resisting the superior authorities...I don't know what else to say. I don't think there is anything productive in my responding further. So I'll take my leave. 

Actually, it is inherent in man to prevent injury to his body. If an object is hurled at him, he instinctively tries to get out of the way or, if that is impossible, to shield the head from injury. Similarly, if a beloved relative—wife or child—comes under attack, a man will instinctively do what he can to help, even if doing so could cost him his life. Such action is also in harmony with what Jesus Christ himself did in sacrificing his life for the congregation.—Eph. 5:25.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101975647

(this last article may include some out of date info, but all the principles still apply)

I remember this question from readers that refers to guns:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402017484

Seems to me that Jesus wanted to fulfill a related prophecy that applied to him, that he would be counted among the evildoers, or suchlke, so he told his apostles to have a sword in hand before the soldiers arrived.  His purpose wasn't for the apostles to defend against them, because he indicated that when Peter cut off the high priest's servant's ear.

I have heard brothers and sisters who would keep a small siren device that one can keep on their purse or belt loop that, if turned on when attacked, can make a very loud noise and scare a burglar away, or a silent alarm if a dog attacks.

I am inclined to shy away from using guns, because of this later article, and discouraged our son from playing like he had a gun.