JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why when I open up a post does it always open at the bottom of the screen

Whenever I go to a post I would think it would open at the top of the screen to start reading it, but instead it opens at the bottom of the screen and I always have to scroll up to the beginning of the page at the top of the screen. This becomes tedious and doesn’t seem like it is right. Is it just a setting on my phone or is this something with JWTALK?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

You might chose the setting “read from the last unread post,” so when you click on a post, it will take you to the latest post you’ve read so far. It will do that if you click the star/circle button next to the title of the post, or you can also set that in your account settings -> content behavior -> “When opening content …” There you can choose “Take me to the beginning.”

https://jwtalk.net/settings/links/

10 hours ago, Dove said:

Whenever I go to a post I would think it would open at the top of the screen to start reading it, but instead it opens at the bottom of the screen and I always have to scroll up to the beginning of the page at the top of the screen. This becomes tedious and doesn’t seem like it is right. Is it just a setting on my phone or is this something with JWTALK?

I've experience this too. Do the screenshots below explain what you experience correctly?

It doesn't always happen. Most of the time it works correctly.

1924921588_SCR10-25-21at07_23PM.thumb.JPG.244bd801668d800a9c9d2bef984cdaa5.JPG

Edited by WilliamChew

8 hours ago, Hinata said:

You might chose the setting “read from the last unread post,” so when you click on a post, it will take you to the latest post you’ve read so far. It will do that if you click the star/circle button next to the title of the post, or you can also set that in your account settings -> content behavior -> “When opening content …” There you can choose “Take me to the beginning.”

8 hours ago, Hinata said:

Yes, when I went to that setting it was already bulleted, but I clicked on it again anyway and then Save, and it seems to have solved the problem....thank you

3 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

I've experience this too. Do the screenshots below explain what you experience correctly?

It doesn't always happen. Most of the time it works correctly.

1924921588_SCR10-25-21at07_23PM.thumb.JPG.244bd801668d800a9c9d2bef984cdaa5.JPG

Yes, that is what I always saw when I opened the post, but I guess it was just a setting that needed to be changed...thanks. I hope it works for you too...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..