JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Blood quilty

Don't remember the article but it has happened in Ontario.  A witness didn't have everyone buckled in and a teen witness died when they had an accident. She was charged by the authorities however if they held her accountable  how much more would Jehovah.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

*** ws17 November p. 18 par. 12 Imitate Jehovah’s Justice and Mercy ***
12 To view life as Jehovah does, we also need the right attitude about safety. We must drive and work safely, even when we are building, maintaining, or traveling to a place of worship. People, safety, and health are always more important than saving time or money. Our God always does what is right, and we want to be like him. Elders especially need to think about safety, both their own and that of others. (Proverbs 22:3) If an elder reminds you of safety rules or standards, listen to him. (Galatians 6:1) View life the way Jehovah does, and “no bloodguilt will come upon you.”

8 hours ago, Ludwika said:

Wasn't it the sister on the reservation, comparing the care needed with covid and our responsibility? I'm just trying to remember where it was, one of the updates maybe?

Were you referring to the 2020-12 GB Update #9 about Sister Louise Slender?

Spoiler

7. Video interview: Louise Slender

Do you recall what we read earlier in Proverbs 28:14? “Happy is the man who is always on guard.” In this video interview, notice how Sister Louise Slender, who is a remote volunteer with a remote translation office in the United States, has benefited by remaining on guard. You’ll also see the tragic impact that COVID-19 has had on her non-Witness relatives.

I live on the Navajo land, a place called Tuba City, Arizona. When it came (the pandemic), I thought we were so isolated that it was not going to happen here in Tuba City. It affected my family a lot. In the first wave, we lost 15, and then after that, some were hospitalized. And then up to today, I have lost 35, and some are still sick and hospitalized. That makes me really sad, because it’s really a serious thing. So right now, my household is just three. And anybody outside of the household could be a risk. It’s very difficult because you’re used to being around them for years and years and all of a sudden, this happens. And I have to look at it as anybody can be positive or anybody can have it.

So I just keep my distance. I don’t want to get sick. I just use caution, you know. That’s what we’re — Out of Jehovah’s Word, what I read is we’re a clean people; we’re Jehovah’s people. So we have to be clean. We wear masks, and we wash our hands and wipe everything that comes into the house, even mail. COVID-19 is very serious — a pandemic that takes your loved ones (people you love), and it’s so sad.

And it has taken many beautiful people, like my relatives. They were very knowledgeable; they did crafts; they did work; they had houses. And now we see their tools are left behind; nobody to pick up their fields. They didn’t even put a seed in. They just prepared it but never put a seed in. Their homes and their transportation are just sitting there now. So all the warnings that they put out are really true warnings, and it’s very important that we follow them.

Our hearts go out to Sister Slender and her family. Doesn’t her experience illustrate the benefits of staying on guard? What a protection following direction has been for Sister Slender, her husband, and her son!

22 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Were you referring to the 2020-12 GB Update #9 about Sister Louise Slender?

Reveal hidden contents

7. Video interview: Louise Slender

Do you recall what we read earlier in Proverbs 28:14? “Happy is the man who is always on guard.” In this video interview, notice how Sister Louise Slender, who is a remote volunteer with a remote translation office in the United States, has benefited by remaining on guard. You’ll also see the tragic impact that COVID-19 has had on her non-Witness relatives.

I live on the Navajo land, a place called Tuba City, Arizona. When it came (the pandemic), I thought we were so isolated that it was not going to happen here in Tuba City. It affected my family a lot. In the first wave, we lost 15, and then after that, some were hospitalized. And then up to today, I have lost 35, and some are still sick and hospitalized. That makes me really sad, because it’s really a serious thing. So right now, my household is just three. And anybody outside of the household could be a risk. It’s very difficult because you’re used to being around them for years and years and all of a sudden, this happens. And I have to look at it as anybody can be positive or anybody can have it.

So I just keep my distance. I don’t want to get sick. I just use caution, you know. That’s what we’re — Out of Jehovah’s Word, what I read is we’re a clean people; we’re Jehovah’s people. So we have to be clean. We wear masks, and we wash our hands and wipe everything that comes into the house, even mail. COVID-19 is very serious — a pandemic that takes your loved ones (people you love), and it’s so sad.

And it has taken many beautiful people, like my relatives. They were very knowledgeable; they did crafts; they did work; they had houses. And now we see their tools are left behind; nobody to pick up their fields. They didn’t even put a seed in. They just prepared it but never put a seed in. Their homes and their transportation are just sitting there now. So all the warnings that they put out are really true warnings, and it’s very important that we follow them.

Our hearts go out to Sister Slender and her family. Doesn’t her experience illustrate the benefits of staying on guard? What a protection following direction has been for Sister Slender, her husband, and her son!

That's the one I was thinking of, yes. Thanks William.

These are all good but the one I keep thinking of is a sister that had some training, don’t remember where, but she said she was impressed by the fact that not having everyone in your car wearing a seatbelt could make you bloodguilty if you had an accident and someone died.  My husband remembers its too but we cant place which video it was in.   A friend had some questions about what would make us bloodquilty, and that was one of the videos that popped up in my old memory bank.🤔