JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Psalms 139 : 14 'I am wonderfully made'

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 879 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful,
I know this very well.

Hmmmm, I hardly give it much thought until something mightily goes wrong in my body. Like how I'm slowly but surely losing my memory.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=19139014&srcid=share

Spoiler

image.png.01268c04e8b996be6825b58138cb0121.png

Edited by happiness IS

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/well/workout-exercise-knee-health.html? November 19, 2021

Researchers have lately begun to rethink long-held dogmas about the properties of cartilage, the smooth layer of tissue that cushions the bones of the knee and other joints and whose breakdown is the primary cause of osteoarthritis. “Since cartilage doesn’t have a blood or nerve supply, we used to think it couldn’t adapt or repair itself,” said Michaela Khan, a doctoral researcher at the University of British Columbia and the lead author of the new review on running and cartilage, which was published in the journal Sports Medicine.

But that’s not the case. Cyclic weight-bearing activities like walking and — wait for it — running squeeze the cartilage in the knee joint like a sponge, expelling waste and then drawing in a fresh supply of nutrient- and oxygen-rich fluid with each step. Instead of an inert shock-absorber doomed to get brittle and eventually fail with age, Ms. Khan said, cartilage is a living tissue that adapts and thrives with regular use.

image.png.17652b843c2c28e95a626b859058da38.png

How the Inner Ear Balance System Works - Labyrinth Semicircular Canals

Spoiler

I fell from a stool this Monday and injured my left ear. My hearing on that ear is badly affected and worse of all, I'm suffering from balance issues, verging on vertigo. A week after the unfortunate accident, I'm still unable to walk without help from a walking stick. Going downstairs from my bedroom is a laboriously slow process. I'm only functioning at 30 % capacity being unable to cook or do other normal activities. The doctors at the Teaching Hospital never suspected that the dizziness is due to the inner ear balance system. I was asked to leave the hospital after 3 days even though I was still unable to sit upright. My sadistic old Chinese female doctor pretended to not understand English and told me to walk to the washroom even though the sign above the bed says 'Risk of fall'. The Muslim nurses refused to let me get out of bed. Such is the treatment one receives at a government hospital in a 3rd world county in SEA. And yet there is an 8 hour waiting time to get a bed in the ward. Reason : many of the old fat Muslim ladies get free treatment for their diabetic problems and overstay for weeks.

Edited by happiness IS

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)