JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My first question is, are you using a windows device, an Ipad or and Android tablet?

Second question. Are you using the free Zoom app or do you have a paid account?

The places to check are different for each of these.

On e easy check is to see if you microphone has an "ON-OFF" switch.  Sometimes it has a green or blue light to tell you it is on and a red light to say it is off.  Check to see if it is turned on.  If you do not have a switch, unplug and then re-plugin the connector (usually a USB plug.

Please let us know.

6 hours ago, Irene Pinder said:

my microphone is not working while I am on my zoom meetings. It said that itis not  working. I do not  know what to do. Help me please.

In the Zoom program or app, just enter your meeting ID when no one is online. Put in your password and start zoom.  Youi will get a notice that you have to wait until the host starts the meeting.  (that is my first picture).  In that message is a line that asks you to test the audio.

When you select or click on that suggestion, the settings box appears (my picture 2).  It allows you to test the speakers and their volume.  YUou can set it softer or louder.  Then right below that is the test for your microphone.  It  allows you to test the microphone and set the sound as softer or louder.

If the slide button is all the way to the left, the sound in the speakers or through your microphone is turned off.  Slide the button to the right and the sound gets louder.

z1.JPG

z2.JPG

On 12/4/2021 at 7:03 AM, Irene Pinder said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I have done all of the test that you had mention with no improvement. 

And what was the result of the test? The indicator should light up if the microphone is working. Does it light up when you speak?