JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hugs: The health benefits of hugging

1 hour ago, coony77 said:

I´m a big huggy :hugs: that´s part of the culture I grew up in and it´s one of the things I miss most now in the pandemic.

Just like Lucy said, I also hug my cat (he has no choice, can´t escape...hehe) - and I hope so much there will be a a day when I can hug a human again (not only for 10 seconds, I have backlog demand) - and who also will be willing to hug me.

That's the thing. I have a cat. She's nice.. sits on me/next to me when she feels like it and purrs a lot. 😽 She's not really a hugging type - but what I want is someone to hug *me*. Arms that hold me, even initiate the action. For me, the hug benefits are when someone hugs you back and won't let go... even if you can't lift your arms for worry or sadness. That's the emotional benefit. 

To me, anyway... 😔

Oh, us girls will get those hugs, don’t you worry! As Chrissy said, we have a backlog 😊.

Matt 10:29 promises we'll be first in line for the hugathon in the new world and we will enjoy being the hugee 🤗

Because, all of us have suffered loss but we’ve stuck to Jehovah and not sought a temporary solution to our loneliness. He will never abandon us while we “survive/exist/live” without the normal interchange of agape that a hug can bring.  I mean, what’s normal now anyway? It comes down, like anything, to relying on Jehovah day by day and being content with what we do have. And that is the big things - Jehovah and Jesus’ unbreakable love and a sure hope of a better future.

A big virtual covid-safe hug to all, with a big actual loving hug to be delivered soon 🤗🤗❤️

• 1 year later...

The dear brothers and sisters in my congregation are natural huggers…Living by myself and my relatives in the contrary, being no huggers at all. I sincerely look forward to come to the meetings and exchange hugs 🤗 🤗 with the brothers and sisters. Their hugs make me feel loved, supported and comforted 🙌🏼 
Depending on the case, full hug or side hugging maybe used, so to make the other person feel comfortable, and cared for respectfully 💖

Edited by Astrid Herrera Arevalo