JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library won't update

Hi friends,

My phone is unable to update the catalogue of JW Library. Normally, when you're at the homepage and scroll down, the app will search for the newest items. At this moment there is a little box at the bottom which reads that the update failed.

Does someone has the same problem?

My device is a Huawei P30, with Android 10.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

There are several things you can try.

You can leave the app open and see if it resolves itself.

You can delete a publication and then download it again, sometimes that wakes things up. 

You can restart your device and reopen the app.

You can go to the app settings and go to offline mode, close the app, reopen the app and go back to online mode.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

You can delete a publication and then download it again, sometimes that wakes things up. 

You can go to the app settings and go to offline mode, close the app, reopen the app and go back to online mode.

My Bro. Richard how are you?  What is suppose to be different in the app

The problem is fixed!! And the funny thing is: I don't know how

So, I waited a few days hoping the problem would fix itself. But nothing happened.
Then yesterday in the evening, I decided to post it here. As if the app noticed, because after I woke up, it worked like normal and refreshed with the updates of of the last few days

But still, thanks for your help!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

9 hours ago, sis little said:

Hello Sr. Angela, it is winter and the Turtle is hibernating.  The changes are a little different depending on which operating system you are using.  Android devices changed the most. One of the first things everyone notices is the menu choices.  First on the list is HOME, then BIBLE but the third item is no longer "piblications but a new LIBRARY.  It has the publications inside but also the media listings for "Video" and "Audio" choices.

When you open any of these, the menus choices that follow will be in a new format.  Please explore and enjoy.

10 hours ago, sis little said:

The brother was having a problem with the catalog updating. The catalog updates every day or two and it tells the app if there are any new publications available. Sometimes the catalog file gets corrupted and you have to wait for the next one to download. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 year later...