JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Manhatten project

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4371 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was a recent report sent to me. It was just encouraging to read and see Jehovahs hand in this and always at the right time.

Subject: Ma=hattan = project more faith strengthening titbits

The = Manhattan Project News &n=sp; = 03/01/2012

A couple who graduated from the 1st class of the&n=sp; = School for Married Couples was assigned to Manhattan and reports a=out its = experiences during the last weeks.The two of th=m are = completely spending themselves and have to learn that special pion=ering = does not mean being in action around the clock. They are living in=the = Bossert-Hotel in Brooklyn similar to those special pioneers who ar= living = in apartments situated in Kingdom Halls.The lit=rature = tables in Manhattan's public are staffed seven days a week from=8 am to = 8 pm. One Brother and two sisters are on 3 shifts of 4 hours e=ch (a = brother has to be present because of possible aggressiveness). I. =. 9 = pioneers a day for seven days a week.

In the meantime together with 400 -500 local pioneers=/B> = helping them 6 special pioneer couples are in activity ther= in = Manhattan after having graduated from the Couples' = School!The brother says that he is busy nearly =alf the = time organizing – to assign the many pioneers, to provide =iterature, = etc., etc. They rented a small store room in Manhattan beca=se = there is no other place to leave the literature. Currently, they a=e = trying to achieve that the orders are directly being delivered the=e by = the society. Up to now, all has to be carried through the city by = hand.

Literature can be placed like hot cakes and it seems =o be = absolutely cool to read our bh-book (Bible Teach) in the = subway.Just the table the brother is respon=ible = for started 99 bible studies last month!=early a = tenth leave their complete address, others leave their phone numbe= or = their e-mail address. Some are simply returning every week and =re = studying directly at the table.Our goal =s: talk = to = people, &nb=p; &nb=p; = Use the Bible = and &=bsp; &=bsp; = Show how to study.Up to now it was usual in=NY City = to simply distribute literature among passers-by. THE PIONEERS =AVE TO = RETHINK COMPLETELY, NOW.

The literature is simply put at = disposal(Table or cart with big posters �=80� SERVE = YOURSELF)Donations are never being talked ab=ut. = Because of that the brothers do not need permission and stand ever=where, = especially in the subway stations. Grand Central Station is=the = exception but they have permission for it.Meanw=ile = various religious groups try to imitate us and the brothers have t= hurry = in the mornings to get a stand in front of the others.

The police are extra friendly and helpful and adopted=the = mission to bolster the brothers up.Us doing=that is = most overdue... “where they were all the years”, s=me of the policemen = thought. Many of the policemen are initiating a conversation and h=ve a = small “King-James”-Bible in their trouser pocket.<=DIV>

Interesting, too, that the tables or mo=ile = carts become a place to go for disfellowshipped persons. By mo=ing = constantly many lost contact to the congregation and do not have t=e = courage to go to a Kingdom Hall, however, at the tables they can o=tain = literature.

To cut a long =tory = short..., it is very faith strengthening and exciting to feel Jeho=ah's = blessings on this project!

What an encouraging and upbuilding report - Jehovah takes care of his people and when the time comes, no one can say they "didn't know" - All will know Jehovah as the Almighty God! Can you imagine how they will feel when the tribulation breaks out and they realize: I could have learned the truth in just a few weeks! Why did you, my clergyman, tell me not to talk to them?!! What a privilege to know Jehovah and to declare his name!

Thanks for the update. I look forward to next year's Yearbook when they will probably talk more about this. Should be interesting to see if the program is extended to other big cities also.

Yes, I agree - just look at world travel and people in and out of Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles and other large cities - Jehovah will see to it that all will hear!

What a lovely encouraging arrangement from Jehovah. He is reaching out to disfellowshipped and others who have abandoned him to come 'home' to him. It is good that they (disfellowshipped) have been able to obtain the latest literature that wil help them see the love Jehovah is extending to these ones. We have had a return to our Kingdom Hall of some who had left off serving Jehovah and are returning.

That is what I thought as well with those who have left the truth. This last month’s magazine article on “Please let us come Home” and the following “Bible Changes Lives” all based on trying to reach these ones. Jehovah is so patient and trying to reach everyone as the end gets closer. How exciting these times, it just feels like we are speeding up.

This is so wonderful. For some reason I think that the emphasis that our recent circuit overseer's visit has put on business territories is related - after demonstrating a simple presentation to our service group, 120 magazines were placed... in ONE DAY. So many that we do not meet at the doors are being searched for now. Even Jesus and the early apostles preached in the streets and marketplaces, as well as from house to house.