JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia After a specific group of people

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 800 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was reading that Russia is after a specific group of religious people in Ukraine..and in this article it stated that he planned to kill or send to camps.... 

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/russia-ukraine-putin-has-list-of-ukrainians-to-be-killed-or-sent-to-camps-u-s-warns

I’m not finding that info in the link. Can you help pinpoint where you saw that?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

This link has this part that says...

US warns Russia has list of Ukrainians to be 'killed or sent to camps'
 A US official has alerted the United Nations that Russia has compiled a list of Ukrainians "to be killed or sent to camps after a military occupation".

Bathsheba Crocker, the US ambassador to the United Nations, sent a letter to the UN's human rights chief, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.

"I would like to draw your attention to disturbing information recently obtained by the United States that indicates that human rights violations and abuses are being planned following a new invasion," Crocker wrote.  "These acts, which in previous Russian operations have included targeted killings, abductions/forced disappearances, unjust detention and use of torture, would likely target those who oppose Russian actions, including Russian dissidents and Belarusians in exile in Ukraine, journalists and -corruption activists and vulnerable populations such as religious and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI+ people."

"Specifically, we have reliable information indicating that Russian forces are creating lists of Ukrainians identified to be killed or sent to camps after a military occupation," she warned.  "We also have credible information that Russian forces are likely to use lethal measures to disperse peaceful protests or counter peaceful exercises of perceived resistance by civilian populations."

Posted by Tyler O'Neil

Edited by Jonadab

I see. I think I got the impression from the first post that it would be more specific. More a la Hitler with his promise to annihilate us as a people.
This is the usual. According to that list, it’s not super specific. That is just basically anyone and everyone who doesn’t support the status quo of Russian goals. 
Typical KOtN behavior. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I just received this link in my UN update:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/02/20/ukraine-russia-human-rights/

The letter, written by Bathsheba Crocker, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva, said, “I would like to bring to your attention disturbing information recently obtained by the United States that indicates that human rights violations and abuses in the aftermath of a further invasion are being planned.”

“These acts, which in past Russian operations have included targeted killings, kidnappings/forced disappearances, unjust detentions, and the use of torture, would likely target those who oppose Russian actions,” said the letter addressed to Michelle Bachelet, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights.

Crocker says the Russian military’s targets would include Russian and Belarusian dissidents in exile in Ukraine, journalists and anti-corruption activists, and “vulnerable populations such as religious and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI+ persons.”

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/us-says-russia-plans-target-lists-dissidents-in-ukraine-killed-or-detained/3564132/

Russia Has Target Lists of Dissidents in Ukraine to Be Killed or Detained, US Warns

Those at risk for human rights abuses after invasion would most likely include political activists, "religious and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI+ persons"

Published February 21, 2022  Updated on February 21, 2022 at 4:45 am