JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Display Zoom Items at Hall

2 hours ago, sierra20 said:

Hi Brothers

with the new hybrid setup some items may be carried out from home via zoom, but has anyone got a way of displaying Zoom on the screens at the hall?

Zoom should not be displayed on the screen at the hall.  New documents S-260 and S-261 have more information about this.

1 hour ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Zoom should not be displayed on the screen at the hall.  New documents S-260 and S-261 have more information about this.

Couldn't you have a situation where 2 virtual participants are giving a student part? This would require their part to be displayed on the monitors at the Kingdom Hall. In that case, if you set everything up the way that the Branch instructed us to, you would just need to single-click on Zoom in the taskbar and it should focus on Zoom on your secondary displays i.e. the monitors at the hall. Again, this is all predicated on you having set your computer up according to the directions from the Branch. If you did, then that should work. But luisenriquereyes is correct that under most typical scenarios you will not be showing Zoom on the monitors at the hall.

Edited by Aja

Grammer and capitalization

17 minutes ago, Aja said:

Couldn't you have a situation where 2 virtual participants are giving a student part? This would require their part to be displayed on the monitors at the Kingdom Hall. In that case, if you set everything up the way that the Branch instructed us to, you would just need to single-click on Zoom in the taskbar and it should focus on Zoom on your secondary displays i.e. the monitors at the hall. Again, this is all predicated on you having set your computer up according to the directions from the Branch. If you did, then that should work. But luisenriquereyes is correct that under most typical scenarios you will not be showing Zoom on the monitors at the hall.

That’s the bit we are struggling with getting zoom to pop up on the second display. I couldn’t see any instructions for displaying zoom have I missed something? We have everything setup for second display at the hall. 

Brothers answering up should not be displayed but meeting parts can be displayed, if it’s a 2 person part then bother need to be at the hall or bothe need to be on zoom. 

1 hour ago, sierra20 said:

If meeting parts are being conducted via zoom then they should be displayed on the hall monitors S-260 point 8

Sorry, I thought you meant meeting comments.  What you may have to do is drag the Zoom window from main computer monitor to the hall monitors.  We have to do this for videos or illustrations that are not in JW Library. 

8 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Sorry, I thought you meant meeting comments.  What you may have to do is drag the Zoom window from main computer monitor to the hall monitors.  We have to do this for videos or illustrations that are not in JW Library. 

Ok that’s great thanks. 

18 hours ago, sierra20 said:

That’s the bit we are struggling with getting zoom to pop up on the second display. I couldn’t see any instructions for displaying zoom have I missed something? We have everything setup for second display at the hall. 

Brothers answering up should not be displayed but meeting parts can be displayed, if it’s a 2 person part then bother need to be at the hall or bothe need to be on zoom. 

This happened in my congregation last night. The Cobe / chairman allowed, in this unique circumstance, allowed the Bible study to be conducted on zoom as well as the reader. 

22 hours ago, sierra20 said:

Hi Brothers

with the new hybrid setup some items may be carried out from home via zoom, but has anyone got a way of displaying Zoom on the screens at the hall?

In my congregation setup we have main media computer monitor as 1 and duplicate 2nd monitor to stage monitors (3) and works nicely for JW library. To integrate zoom I mouse send the window over to 2nd monitor and then select full screen for image. It worked out fine. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We have all windows that will be used  - VLC Media player, zoom secondary window dragged onto the second monitor and maximised. Then we make sure JW Library year text screen is on top. If VLC or Zoom is needed to be displayed then we used the program thumbnails on the taskbar at the bottom to switch to the needed application.

S-144 paragraphs 49 & 50 explain this for VLC and JW Library so we just used the same method for zoom aswell.

I found that i had to disable 'Peek' in windows 'Performance Options' to stop the windows from disappearing when hovering over an application on the taskbar.

In my opinion this is easier than dragging windows on and off the second displays 😁

One gotcha i've noticed is that after you've finished dragging zoom off the second screen, JW Library isn't able to take over the secondary display anymore, it needs a close and restart before it can which is a slight annoyance but can be worked around if you're quick. Not sure if it happens on other peoples systems but it does ours.

Don't forget your Win+ arrow keys for quickly moving windows between the screens and quickly minimizing or maximizing them, I find that combo working better for me than trying to mouse the windows around. Takes some practice to get used to though, I can understand if it isn't for everyone.

I’ve been playing with JW media fetcher instead of JW LIB and it’s seems well set up for hybrid meetings. You set up zoom as dual monitors place the second zoom screen on second monitor, then JW media fetcher takes over the second screen but there is a button to minimise it to show zoom without have to drag or Minamise anything. It makes more sence when you try it. 

As we are in sign language with a lot of video (for the songs, for all the verses and also for the images) with in addition the highlighting of the cameras of the participants in Zoom we use the virtual camera of OBS which allows you to centralize everything in a much more fluid way directly in Zoom.

Then just change the highlight in Zoom between the speaker on the podium and the virtual camera in OBS to show all the videos and images.

The advantage of this system is that you can also use another computer in addition which only takes care of launching the videos or images. You can also delegate this task to another person to lighten the work of highlighting in Zoom.

5 hours ago, sierra20 said:

I’ve been playing with JW media fetcher instead of JW LIB and it’s seems well set up for hybrid meetings. You set up zoom as dual monitors place the second zoom screen on second monitor, then JW media fetcher takes over the second screen but there is a button to minimise it to show zoom without have to drag or Minamise anything. It makes more sence when you try it. 

I forgot the option in JW Media Fetcher to enable it to present media on an external monitor.  For Zoom only meetings we were only using JW Media Fetcher to fetch all the videos and illustrations and present them with Zoom.    I just this option in Fetcher and I think it should work for us thanks 👍

On 4/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, -Chris- said:

Don't forget your Win+ arrow keys for quickly moving windows between the screens and quickly minimizing or maximizing them, I find that combo working better for me than trying to mouse the windows around. Takes some practice to get used to though, I can understand if it isn't for everyone.

Thanks. That's a good way to move windows between screens.:thumbsup:

A note by Anthony Corbett on Github makes mention of the 'fragile' nature of the monitor controls while using JW Library App on the PC.
He has written a program to address this issue. I saw this discussion a few days ago on this forum.
I hope this helps avoid any problems. 
For those that are ok using this patch, here is the link:

https://github.com/AntonyCorbett/JwlMediaWin

Old (Downunder) Tone

Screenshot_20220403-194805_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

5 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

A note by Anthony Corbett on Github makes mention of the 'fragile' nature of the monitor controls while using JW Library App on the PC.
He has written a program to address this issue. I saw this discussion a few days ago on this forum.
I hope this helps avoid any problems. 
For those that are ok using this patch, here is the link:

https://github.com/AntonyCorbett/JwlMediaWin

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Screenshot_20220403-194805_Chrome.jpg

That’s interesting, for the last two years there have been times JWL would minimise for no reason. Have you installed the patch yourself yet?

On 4/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, sierra20 said:

What we have done was just drag the “speaker view” window from zoom onto the second screen and then maximize it, then just drag it off after the part. Then just click on the jw app on the task bar and click on the year text and it will pop back up. 

you must have “use dual screens” enabled in your zoom setting to have that second view. 

On 4/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, brandonyap said:

One gotcha i've noticed is that after you've finished dragging zoom off the second screen, JW Library isn't able to take over the secondary display anymore, it needs a close and restart before it can which is a slight annoyance but can be worked around if you're quick. Not sure if it happens on other peoples systems but it does ours.

You can just click on the jw app in the bar on the bottom and then click on the year text and it will come back without restart 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before the pandemic and the closure of the KH for meetings, our congregation had been using Skype for a couple of years for those who wish to connect to the meeting, but we only used the audio only, no camera or sharing of pictures.

The transition to Zoom was no issue for audio setup as it was already configured for Skype, other than for us now to mute our microphone when sharing the screen, as sharing the video with it's audio is better then sharing the video and with the sound system's audio. If we had shared the audio from video and also the feed in from the sound system, the audio gets compressed and almost unbearable to those on Zoom listening to it - especially the songs or music, voice doesn't do it as much.

As for our screens, we have 4 monitors connected to our computer (Dell 260MT - Win10 64bit, i5-2Gen CPU 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX-1050):

Monitor 1 is the sound desk's main screen (34" ultra wide 21x9 ratio curved screen 3840x1440), this is the main monitor we work from for all the apps..

Monitor 2 is connected to the Black Magic HDMI to SDI convertor which is connected to the monitors on the stage for the audience.

Monitor 3 is a 27"  16x9 ratio screen mounted on the ceiling facing towards the conductor/speaker to view the Zoom gallery audience.

Monitor 4 is a 21" 16x9 ratio screen at the sound desk which is duplicated with Monitor 3, so we can monitor the Zoom participates just in case we have a "Don't be a Ben" moment or other distracting camera viewing.

As for the apps we use it is mostly controlled on Monitor 1 we generally use the following:

JW Library -

The 'second' Zoom screen

Zoom Participates

OnlyM (we found it much better than VLC player and more practical)

Windows Groove app - we use this for opening and closing music for the KH auditorium and Zoom - as we use the app's volume controller to be set at lower volume so it doesn't blast the Zoom participants when they are waiting for the start of the meeting, and also we don't have to adjust the auditorium's mixer input. We have also created a folder that it only gather's it source music from and set up Groove to only source the music from that folder.

As we have a elder and his wife from our congregation who are currently at the Australasia branch working on the new drama set, we at times need to broadcast his Zoom screen onto the stage monitors when he has his parts, which we drag up from Monitor 1 onto Monitor 2, but we have to minimise the JWL year text before we do move it into place. Then we he is finished, we drag it back down the then maximise the JWL year text screen.

As we only have a small sound desk (which is what the LDC purchasing department had supplied to use before COVID), we had setup it that you only require one brother that manages both the audio and visual needs of the meeting. However, as our hall is notorious for feedback due to the very poor acoustics of the hall (mostly Besser Blocks construction and flat square design), we cannot just have all the mics on at the same time, but have to adjust it continuously so that only one mic is on at a time, which is fun when you have a demo or sisters using the two mics doing their parts. Not only that, we are only a small congregation which is mostly made up of retirees, and there is not that many brothers who are capable of dealing with the technology and equipment that we now have to use in orchestrating the meetings.

So it has been one month into these hybrid meetings, and we are just about settling in. We just wanting to upgrade to a better camera setup instead of using the makeshift webcam that we are now doing. We are looking at acquiring a PTZ camera with POE abilities, but they are not cheap, and so we are getting the purchasing department at the Branch to see if they can recommend and better pricing.

Following the very new direction (4th May May the fourth be with you 😉) to have a device and stand for speaker to access zoom has anyone got good ideas of a suitable device (iPad or similar) and stand ?  Pics would be good.  Thanks. 

39 minutes ago, Paul T said:

Following the very new direction (4th May May the fourth be with you 😉) to have a device and stand for speaker to access zoom has anyone got good ideas of a suitable device (iPad or similar) and stand ?  Pics would be good.  Thanks. 

We're using an iPhone with a goose neck stand clamped to the edge of the podium. The phone is logged into zoom with the Participants list permanently up for the duration of the meeting. When you bring up the participant list on a phone it fills the entire screen and provides the conductor a better experience than an iPad with the floating participant list. We provided both options to a number of brothers of differing ages and eyesight capabilities and they all picked the phone option.

Edited by brandonyap