JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 747 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You must have already read a phrase or quote of effect in our publications.

I was reading about self-control in The Watchtower, 1970 2/1

"Jehovah God not only commanded the first human couple to be fruitful and become many, but at the same time he gave each sex such a strong attraction to the other that there would never be any danger of the human race committing suicide by failing to use their procreative faculties in view of the burdens that accompany family life. This, at the same time, was another evidence of the love of Jehovah God, for he made the mutual attraction between the sexes extremely pleasant. how humble his situation, enjoy one of life's greatest blessings, without depending on intelligence or great wealth."

I thought the quote about Jehovah blessing the poor, the unintelligent and anyone with the blessing of the right sex was sublime.

Is that you ?

Do you have a special quote you would like to share?

2 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

You must have already read a phrase or quote of effect in our publications.

I was reading about self-control in The Watchtower, 1970 2/1

"Jehovah God not only commanded the first human couple to be fruitful and become many, but at the same time he gave each sex such a strong attraction to the other that there would never be any danger of the human race committing suicide by failing to use their procreative faculties in view of the burdens that accompany family life. This, at the same time, was another evidence of the love of Jehovah God, for he made the mutual attraction between the sexes extremely pleasant. how humble his situation, enjoy one of life's greatest blessings, without depending on intelligence or great wealth."

I thought the quote about Jehovah blessing the poor, the unintelligent and anyone with the blessing of the right sex was sublime.

Is that you ?

Do you have a special quote you would like to share?

Could you please provide a more specific page number of the Watchtower you quoted? I can’t seem to locate it...

I don’t have my own quote but I thought yours was quite interesting. It kind of implied to me, that homosexuality might infuriate Jehovah so much because it violates his design intent. The fact that not only did he create the strong attraction for the opposite sex for reproducing, but maybe more importantly to prevent the stupid human race from committing suicide! Sublimely fascinating. 

11 minutes ago, undeserved said:

Could you please provide a more specific page number of the Watchtower you quoted? I can’t seem to locate it...

I don’t have my own quote but I thought yours was quite interesting. It kind of implied to me, that homosexuality might infuriate Jehovah so much because it violates his design intent. The fact that not only did he create the strong attraction for the opposite sex for reproducing, but maybe more importantly to prevent the stupid human race from committing suicide! Sublimely fascinating.

Actually, that quote was from the Watchtower of 1969, August 1 issue, page 462, paragraph 19.

sorry brothers

I quoted The Watchtower in Portuguese which is my official language

But Eric quoted correctly, thanks bro!

And yes, bro Ricardo, really The sentinel seems to give this emphasis, I found the quote interesting

And for the younger ones....The sentinel of the 60's and 70's are full of different views on some subjects...Sensaiconal.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Actually, that quote was from the Watchtower of 1969, August 1 issue, page 462, paragraph 19.

Many of the publishers today do not remember when our magazines were not simultaneous in printing.  Some were months apart.  My Korean friends had their study Watchtower available about 4 months after the English version.  They could not even study the Korean before we had our English meeting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, Leonard Match Valid said:

"Jehovah God not only commanded the first human couple to be fruitful and become many, but at the same time he gave each sex such a strong attraction to the other that there would never be any danger of the human race failing to use their procreative faculties in view of the burdens that accompany family life.

This, at the same time, was another evidence of the love of Jehovah God, for he made the mutual attraction between the sexes extremely pleasant. how humble his situation, enjoy one of life's greatest blessings, without depending on intelligence or great wealth."

I feel that Jehovah's Witnesses, collectively, may have a higher ratio of childless married couples than the general population.  Sort of ironic, given the command to be fruitful.

Obviously, family planning (birth control) is a personal decision.  And I imagine that most couples would love to have children in the New World.