JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Video of semi, 75 mph crashing into police unit

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 732 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It’s a good thing the trooper had the Chevy Tahoe cause I think that’s the only reason he’s alive today.

Trying to slow traffic for any reason apparently doesn’t always work.

https://www.fox21news.com/news/watch-semi-truck-crashes-into-michigan-troopers-cruiser/

LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Newly released dashcam video shows a semi driver slamming into a Michigan State Police trooper.

The truck driver charged is set to appear in court on Wednesday, while the trooper remains off the job recovering.

Just before 8 a.m. on April 8, the semi was eastbound on I-94 near Lawrence, in southwest Michigan. The video from the semi’s dashcam shows the vehicle drifting from side to side in the lane.

Easton Norby-Varclac, a 24-year-old from Virginia, was the driver of the semi. The video shows Michigan State Police Trooper Cole Knaup parked in the right lane, blocking it after an earlier crash.

The semi, going nearly 75 miles an hour, starts to veer out of the right lane as it approaches the trooper’s vehicle.

At the last second, the trooper tries to get out of the way before being hit by the semi.

“It’s a miracle that he survived,” 5th District MSP Public Information Officer Duwayne Robinson said.

First responders freed Knaup from his vehicle and took him to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion. He also suffered cuts and bruises.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

58 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

That's terrible Linda, that Tahoe is crumpled! 

I was amazed at how crumpled it was too, and then read he just had cuts, bruises and a concussion. That car looked worse than an accordion. I mean hit from behind at 75 mph 😬. I’ll bet when he goes back on duty, he’ll ONLY drive a Tahoe. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”