JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Minimalistic Lifestyle

What I can’t change :

Living Minimalistic lifestyle in my case, would be gross violation of Jehovah’s laws and principles. 

Why? I need to make reasonably good money in order to assist my sick and elderly mother, who lives in Europe and needs my financial help in order to afford expensive medications for her heart.  (And lots of other things) 

Living minimalistic lifestyle, I would feel that I have failed to look after my sick mother (which is command from Jehovah) 

Some of us are “locked” into situations beyond our control. 

What I can change: 

In order to pursue Kingdom interest first, I run my business only 4 days a week, having Friday off (for 15 years now) and designating this particular day for the ministry. As a result I was able to spend many times as aux pioneer and develop many genuine friendships with so many in my congregation. During the last visit, CO a said that my attention and attitude towards congregation is a blessing from Jehovah, and he gave me big hug. I felt like Jehovah is assuring me that he accepts my service to him… his words had big impact on me. 

I am determined to live simple life (but not minimalistic) as much as possible in my circumstances, working 4 days a week, never compromising this as long as I can .. ideally till GT

But when it comes to minimalistic lifestyle, I think pursuing it would be “a violation of some Jehovah’s commandments” in my case. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

What I can’t change :

Living Minimalistic lifestyle in my case, would be gross violation of Jehovah’s laws and principles. 

Why? I need to make reasonably good money in order to assist my sick and elderly mother, who lives in Europe and needs my financial help in order to afford expensive medications for her heart.  (And lots of other things) 

Living minimalistic lifestyle, I would feel that I have failed to look after my sick mother (which is command from Jehovah) 

I am determined to live simple life (but not minimalistic) as much as possible in my circumstances, working 4 days a week, never compromising this as long as I can .. ideally till GT

I think you may have completely misunderstood what a minimalist lifestyle is. Minimalist lines parallels nicely with a simple lifestyle as many of the objectives are the same. And it has nothing to do with purging yourself of money like some kind of martyr or monk. On the contrary, it usually means you end up with more money.

https://kentuckycounselingcenter.com/5-minimalist-lifestyle-benefits/

8 hours ago, M.J. said:

I think you may have completely misunderstood what a minimalist lifestyle is. Minimalist lines parallels nicely with a simple lifestyle as many of the objectives are the same. And it has nothing to do with purging yourself of money like some kind of martyr or monk. On the contrary, it usually means you end up with more money.

https://kentuckycounselingcenter.com/5-minimalist-lifestyle-benefits/

There are different variations of the definition.

When you call a person a minimalist, you're describing their interest in keeping things very simple. A minimalistprefers the minimal amount or degree of something.

In art history, the minimalists were artists whose work involved extremely simple gestures and ideas. The art they created is also referred to as minimalist. A white canvas with one black line might be a typical minimalist painting. But anyone who likes things very simple could be called a minimalist. A president who takes a hands-off approach to policy, a composer who only plays one note, a designer who puts only a bed in a bedroom: they're all minimalists.

I am definitely not a person who will put only bed in my bedroom.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)