JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What device do you use for meetings?

What device do you use for meetings?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What device do you use for meetings?

• Samsung 8"
    • Samsung 10"
    • Samsung 12"
    • iPad 8"
    • iPad 10"
    • iPad 12"
    • Windows Surface tablet
    • Mobile Phone
    • None - I use paper copies
    • Other

I was just wondering what people use for their meetings.

I prefer to use smaller tablets, where I used to use my Titanium Bronze Samsung Tab S 8.4 (SM-T700) which I had the matching Samsung keyboard which doubled as the screen cover. With 16GB of space on board and 64GB SD card inserted (3GB RAM), she still looks good for its age (purchased in late 2014), but it is somewhat slow with age. I still prefer it to my newer one, but it's slowness is at times frustrating. So I just use it to do the CBS and Watchtower reading, as the keyboard holds the tablet at the angle and I can use the arrow keys in the keyboard to scroll as I read those lengthy paragraphs. The only things I had to do for this tablet was to re-solder the battery connection (apparently a fault for this device) and about 2 years ago replaced the battery.

I now use a Samsung Active 3 (SM-T575) with 128GB on board and 128GB SD inserted and 6GB RAM, which is much more robust tablet, about twice the weight and thickness of the Tab S 8.4, but built like brick outhouse. It comes with it's version of the S pen which has it's on holder built into it's factory protective case, which is something the Tab S 8.4 doesn't have. The resolution is no where as good as the Tab S8.4 (1200x1920 PLS LCD vs the 1600x2560 Super AMOLED) but I cannot find anything at the moment that has a decent screen as the Tab S8.4. But it is more built as a commercial device, hence the robustness, but it does also have the Samsung DeX built into it.

It does have the one thing I like on a tablet, the 3 buttons (home, back and running apps) for android. I have used my wife's Tab S8+ tablet, and I find that having those buttons now within the screen annoying. The Active 3 also has another button on the side called "Active key", which you can program to open an app (or 2) by pressing on it instead of tapping the icon on the screen. I have the setting as press once it will open the weather app, hold that button down for 2 seconds, it opens JWL. Also the tablet and pen are IP68 rated for water and dust.

For full specs, of the two device, you can compare them by clicking the link below.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6439&idPhone2=10476#

Edited by Pabo

I use an Android phone for in-person and a Windows 10 PC (desktop) for Zoom

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, bobby said:

laptop for zoom meeting

I think I could have worded the question bit more clearly, I wasn't referring to that of using zoom, mostly in relation to the study and meeting articles for the meeting.

If I was referring to Zoom, then a laptop with a Toshiba Dynadock with 2 additional monitors I would use for Zoom (especially as being the Host).

I can see in several congregations a lot of differnt devices for in person meetings.

The young ones up to 35 are mostly using phones. The newer phones from 2020 to 2022 released ones, can be very large in screensize and arer suiteable for studying.