JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Ian update

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 548 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/open?wtlocale=E&docid=702022281&srcid=share

Hurricane Ian Leaves Behind Devastation
Hurricane Ian wreaked havoc in Cuba on September 27, 2022, before making landfall the next day in southwestern Florida as a Category 4 storm. One of the most powerful storms ever to hit the United States, Hurricane Ian had sustained winds of 240 kilometers per hour (150 mph). It wiped out entire neighborhoods, caused widespread power outages, crippled infrastructure, and flooded large swaths of land as it slowly crossed the state and exited into the Atlantic Ocean. It made landfall again in South Carolina.

This deadly storm led to more than 12,000 publishers in Florida either evacuating or being displaced from their homes.

Circuit overseers are working together with Local Design/Construction field representatives to assist elders in caring for the immediate needs of the victims.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My son got an email and got signed up for disaster relief. They’ve started filling the rosters with those who can help. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 3 weeks later...

There’s going to be a special program from the US branch that all congregations in Florida (at least to the best of my knowledge that it’s all of Florida) will be tied into Saturday, November 5th. It’s expected to have updates on the relief work, experiences and a shepherding talk by a member of the US branch committee. If any friends here in Florida know anything else about this meeting, please feel free to share. I’m not sure if the program is going to originate from the branch office itself or from a local assembly/Kingdom Hall. 

We had the announcement on the east coast of Florida and our congregation will view a pre-recording of the program on Sunday in place of our meeting..an abrieviated Watchtower consideration will be part of the program..supposedly the program will be longer than our regular meeting.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif