JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Adding JW email to phone

You may need to contact those taking care in regards to their email exchange, or they may have to tweak some settings to allow you to add another device.

I know there has been some recent changes within the Microsoft Office which caused some issues for some of our staff, because of their old phones were still able to connect to the exchange due to legacy protocols. But when they tried to connect to the exchange with new devices, they had issues. Our issue started when we implemented 2FA within MS, where existing devices were still held their connection, but newer devices had some issues.

Seeing that some here have noticed that the the website has now implemented 2FA when logging on, I say that is causing you some issues, because you are using a new device that hasn't any legacy connection.

But they should be able to nut it out.

Edited by Pabo

it happened to me with every new android phone, wait 1-2 days and then you should start receiving emails, i think they have to "unlock" it from the bethel IT department, but i never had to contact them

To be like soft CLAY in the hands of Jehovah, but hard as a STONE when Satan wants to mold us

So I ended up setting up the account manually instead of letting my phone automatically detect and set everything, and I seem to have gotten further.  I'm betting because the email server is "eas.jwpub.org" that it was getting confused.

So now I am connected and I have a "Device Quarantined" email.  I'm guessing this is the point where I need bethel IT to unlock me, like @AndreaC said...

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

So I ended up setting up the account manually instead of letting my phone automatically detect and set everything, and I seem to have gotten further.  I'm betting because the email server is "eas.jwpub.org" that it was getting confused.

So now I am connected and I have a "Device Quarantined" email.  I'm guessing this is the point where I need bethel IT to unlock me, like @AndreaC said...

Great good to know 😁👌 let us know if it will come out of quarantine

To be like soft CLAY in the hands of Jehovah, but hard as a STONE when Satan wants to mold us

• 1 year later...