JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you know any JW who’s in the music industry?

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

It may be because of the emojis you used in your post about 'the sassy Broadway sound ...'.

I, too, got the impression you didn't like it, due to the emojis you used. 🤗

The emojis were my feeling about that Broadway sound being quite often associated with homosexuals... and discovering our former brother is living that life.

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

and discovering our former brother is living that life.

And do we know this for sure? or merely suspect that from the post on Instagram? 

Sometimes what looks very obvious is not always black and white. 

Jumping to conclusions can be "dangerous" (Look what happened between David and Elibab) 

You may say...but Greg.. Can't you see? Yes I can, but I draw my conclusions privately. 

How would you feel if NK joined the forum in the future (fully serving Jehovah) and see the posts about his sexuality? 

We need to be careful, and drop the subject altogether please. ☺️

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

53 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

And do we know this for sure? or merely suspect that from the post on Instagram? 

Sometimes what looks very obvious is not always black and white. 

Jumping to conclusions can be "dangerous" (Look what happened between David and Elibab) 

You may say...but Greg.. Can't you see? Yes I can, but I draw my conclusions privately. 

How would you feel if NK joined the forum in the future (fully serving Jehovah) and see the posts about his sexuality? 

It's on his own IG page. He drew his own conclusions. He is singing with his partner (that he's "so happy with") on Pride Day... in a rainbow lighted church.  People congratulating him on finally escaping to "where he belongs" to really "live the best life ever". 😡

You can check for yourself. Or not. It's all grotesque and shameful. 😔

24 minutes ago, Hope said:

It's on his own IG page. He drew his own conclusions. He is singing with his partner (that he's "so happy with") on Pride Day... in a rainbow lighted church.  People congratulating him on finally escaping to "where he belongs" to really "live the best life ever". 😡

You can check for yourself. Or not. It's all grotesque and shameful. 😔

Let this not "shake" you dear sister. 

People from all walks of life keep choosing, and exercising free will. 

Satan is powerful.

Real faith in Jehovah and his organization is of essence right now, and during GT

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Let this not "shake" you dear sister. 

People from all walks of life keep choosing, and exercising free will. 

Satan is powerful.

Real faith in Jehovah and his organization is of essence right now, and during GT

Oh, I'm not shaken. Just unhappy- as I mentioned earlier. I'd be over the moon to be able to sing for Jehovah’s Organization like that... he blew it.

It's always sad and disappointing when someone leaves Jehovah, especially in such a public and reproachful way.

On 6/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, JonE said:

I wouldn't want anyone who likes the cart song to feel bad about hearing it when it clearly isn't the person in question. 

This statement caught my attention. Not for any good or bad thing, but just to note that I still will listen to Elton John, George Michael, and a handful of other artists irregardless of their lifestyle choices. I can separate the art from the artist.

All the original songs published on JW.org are fantastic pieces of art. What the singers end up doing 2, 5, or 10 years down the road doesn't affect the quality of the song, imo.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 6/28/2023 at 6:41 AM, New World Explorer said:

That's a good point, we never know if he will repent or even join JWtalk

I agree we should let go of this topic 😌

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still shaken by the news about Nicolas King I read here last night. This must all be a misunderstanding or better yet a dream. I actually cried last night listening to his performance of the Original Song Where I belong. I couldn't understand why he had to leave all that behind.. I'm so broken. Now I can understand a little of the agony a parent must feel when their child leaves the truth.

Edited by Brother_Bliss

Removed comment containing unconfirmed speculation

• 5 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, Hotteok said:

wow the list is getting bigger!

Actually what I initially asked was if you have people around you who are in the music industry who aren't famous and only using their musical skills as a means to earn bread.

But it's good to know famous JW musicians from all over the world!

I once heard the writer of the song 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you." is a JW. (He is, according to a post above)

Kim Sung-Hee, not so famous worldly but she once was a member of a very famous K-pop girl group, KARA but soon departed the group to regain her faith.

But in this case, her mother was a JW, though it still must've been a difficult decision to make. She's making lots of money and married a son of a famous voice actor in Korea who's also stunningly rich so I won't really worry about her..haha. It's good to hear her voice from a JW original song occasionally.

Wow! I'm glad she made the best decision for her faith and can continue singing! Not a lot of people can earn enough money for doing what they love. I currently am an audio engineer and I work on soundtracks and scores for film as well as record audio for them! I'd venture to say that is somewhat part of the music business. I hope to put out more music for myself and JW original songs in the future!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JonE said:

La chanson n°127 est particulièrement triste à entendre, car c'est comme un solo sincère : 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/sing-out-joyfully/

Whole-souled and wholehearted I serve you by choice" .

The choice, the key word is choice.

We must respect, even with a broken heart

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

I tried to listen to it in Italian, Uani, but I don't have the singing version, the vocals. How do you get it, please?

I'm surprised it's not on the official JW songlist in Italian. The version I have was one of the 2018 Convention songs that was played before meeting started. It is gorgeous. You can listen from my stash of Kingdom Songs here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/114z3pZHQ8CLzHN2g8Sty1uiBVe_Ago4x. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Je suis surpris que ce ne soit pas sur la liste officielle des chansons de JW en italien. La version que j'ai est l'une des chansons du Congrès 2018 qui a été jouée avant le début de la réunion. C'est magnifique. Vous pouvez écouter ma réserve de Kingdom Songs ici :  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/114z3pZHQ8CLzHN2g8Sty1uiBVe_Ago4x . Apprécier!

My sweet beautiful sister, thankkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu😘😘😘