JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #1

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 494 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, Hippo said:

You don't need to be a pioneer to Preach 30 hour's. You don't  need a title to do it every month. You just need to love Jehovah and want to do his will. 

I know  publisher's who are older and sick and concerned they couldn't keep up as pioneer's who have been regularly doing 70 hour's plus every month through the pandemic. ( letter writing) 

No title Pioneer. But dedicated to do Jehovah’s will. And although sick they made every meeting since we have opened up. They wear face masks because of their health. They trust in Jehovah 100%. 

Understand 😁

10 hours ago, Hippo said:

I know  publisher's who are older and sick and concerned they couldn't keep up as pioneer's who have been regularly doing 70 hour's plus every month through the pandemic. ( letter writing) 

Where I am, through the pandemic, not one had to "keep up as pioneers doing 70 hour's plus every month." The Governing Body kindly suspended the goal of 840 hrs per year for regular pioneers. Was that not applied where you are?

Edited by Eejay

On 1/6/2023 at 4:49 PM, Luisabola said:

Has anyone done the math if more people pioneer on lower hours, will it equal the same, less or more hours overall? My brain can’t deal e with the huge numbers!

On 1/6/2023 at 7:42 PM, Doug said:

I have posted previously about this.  With a reduced hour requirement , the door opens wider to those who want to pioneer.

Yes, the result is more pioneers (at a lower quota) = more total hours.  More joy.  More love shown to those out there who desperately need it.

Because this adjustment is taking effect in March, which is halfway through the service year, we may not clearly see the results until we have a full service year on the books. 

"Many hands make the work joyful and light".

I think what is interesting is to see what the overall effect is, in terms of monthly average hours for ALL publishers and pioneers combined:

image.thumb.png.eadc23f79fa96d84b7280f8c75da26e5.png

For context:

Regular Pioneers:

Vacation/Auxiliary Pioneers:

In addition, it is interestng to see the increasing percentage of publishers who are pioneering, either regular or auxiliary as discussed before, with a bar chart, below:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/52910-breaking-news-house-to-house-preaching-will-resume-on-september-1-2022/page/13/#comment-893273

Edited by Parale