JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Claim to Fame :raspberry:

Are there any of us who have a claim to fame... a little known fact about ourselves... have we sung to royalty, swam the ocean, won a race etc...

Come on don't be shy :bringiton:

Of course I am not going first :whistling:

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Me and my hubby was once on a talk show in the UK called The time,the place. It was quite good fun we were put up in a hotel all expenses paid in London. The title was Dads at childbirth. The host was John Stapleton presenter/journalist. Julie peasgood was on that episode too. I had my make up done at same time as her she was quite nice.

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

I appeared on a Yorkshire Television early evening programme called Calendar. It must have been about 1976. The presenters were Austin Mitchell (now an MP) and Richard Whitely - who went on the present the TV show Countdown for many years. Sadly he died in 2005.

I was selling a pet snake (reticulated python) and appeared not only with that snake but also my pet boa constrictor. I had the boa inside my shirt and the python in a pillowcase.

Richard Whitely conducted the interview (it went out live and I was disappointed not to have a copy of the show!)

In make-up, the girl asked me to sit back in the chair and I said I couldn't (the boa had moved round my back!) and Richard Whitely said to her: "Do you want to know why?" She said yes, and he told her. She screamed, but then calmed down and actually was brave enough to touch the snake.

In the interview, Richard talked about the snake I was selling, and we took it out of the pillowcase, then he asked me about 'another snake', and on TV I took the boa out of my shirt! It was hilarious.

I ended up selling both snakes to Adrian (Nick) Nyoka who ran a private zoo in Knaresborough, Yorkshire. He also had a python called Cassius, which at the time was the largest snake in captivity anywhere in the world! http://sites.google.com/site/nicknyoka/

My Hawaii trip in 2007 was a prize from a company competition run Australia wide to save money or proccesses that would help give better service to companies the merchandising Co had as clients. I suggested a web based Diary page where daily entries would save $$$$ in phone calls I noticed were getting out of control.

Hubby & I ended up with 2 weeks in Hawaii (pic of Coco Palms where Elvis did Blue Hawaii) all expenses paid. It was so nice to be in a contest that was not a lottery in nature.

Kuai2007.jpg

Are there any of us who have a claim to fame... a little known fact about ourselves... have we sung to royalty, swam the ocean, won a race etc...

Come on don't be shy :bringiton:

Of course I am not going first :whistling:

I haven't personally, but my grandfather when he was 100 he got a letter from the Queen. and a He got to meet a Sir Donald Bradman our famous

Cricketer, he was Mayor and he got to meet Prince Charles and Lady Di as well as our other prime Ministers that were in power at the time,

But I suppose for Myself He traced back to Owen Cavounagh. He came out with the First Fleeters and Owen Cavounagh was a Royal Navy Seaman. He was the first to step on to dry shore and help Sir Govenor Phillip step out of the Siruis.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I worked for the actress Jane Seymour

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman... She can operate on me any day! :infatuated: (just kidding folks) :P

:raspberry: she is not that nice in real life... at least not personality wise :hammer:

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I witnessed to Bill Clinton once, when he came to Belfast.

I waited in line, to get his booked signed, and gave him a life in the peaceful new world tract.

He told me that one of the kitchen staff at the whit house is a Jehovah's witness.

He was very nice and shook my hand.

I hold the record for most intelligent eater in a Pizzahut last year.

I asked for a small pizza. Since I was alone, the waiter asked me whether I need the pizza cut into 4 pieces or 6 pieces.

I calmly told him, 4 pieces, since I am not hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.

I just can't forget those staring eyes, so many, looking at an intelligent man...wow.....!!!!

I hold the record for most intelligent eater in a Pizzahut last year.

I asked for a small pizza. Since I was alone, the waiter asked me whether I need the pizza cut into 4 pieces or 6 pieces.

I calmly told him, 4 pieces, since I am not hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.

I just can't forget those staring eyes, so many, looking at an intelligent man...wow.....!!!!

I see where you set the bar. I would have been impressed by your reply. :backflip:

My school fame moments came when the class needed to front up for immunisations. I would always put my hand up to go first (and not flinch or cry) so others would see it was OK.

(little did they know that all I was doing was getting in early before the nurse became bored and clumbsy) :loopy:

In my youth i was arrested at A football/soccer match in Glasgow.

Rangers Vs Celtic and i was filmed by the news, fighting with the police

in my Tartan trousers and DMs,and celtic scarf.

Looking back i think they were the fashion police arresting me. :laugh:

P.S.

I would never do anything like that now. I respect our wonderful boys in blue.

it was the 1970's and i was young and into punk music.

Honestly, I have quite a few. My uncle won an academy award in 1997 and I was in the picture they showed. I am published in two books. My aunt ran the olympic torch through sac and I was on channel 3.

I had Bay city rollers socks hehe

Sorry kalada . . I saw Bay City Rollers coming and even at that young age . .had the foresight to know I did not want that memory to blot my future .. :lol1:

It's probably the one teen decision I made that was wise :upsidedown: . . .

I am ashamed to say, i saw the Bay city roller live at the Glasgow Apollo.

1977. It was a great year, Scotland Qualified for Argentina 1978, It was a long hot summer

of punk music and The Jam.

I wanted to see Led Zeppelin, but there was a girl in my class i fancied.

Senga Bell. She was beautiful.

She had a runny nose, and looked like marty Feldman.

She said she would go out with me, if i took her to see the bay City rollers. so reluctantly, i gave up my chance of seeing

Robert plant and the boys, for The Rollers. She dumped me the next day.

Never even gave me a goodnight kiss.