JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Claim to Fame :raspberry:

Annie some days are more boring than others. I am not famous and never have been, I certainly can not sing although my ears have deceived me into thinking I can. But I once saw and touched a $1000 bill when my mom worked at a bank! Interestingly, there she saw many famous people but she always remained calm and so taught us her offspring never to become excited with TV people.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Well, I don't know if this counts or not, but, my aunt, mom's youngest sister, was married to Jamie Farr's (Klinger, on M.A.S.H.) uncle. His name was Fred Abodeely. I think I spelled that correctly.

My first cousin was pretty famous in Alaska many years ago.

B-A-Y B-A-Y B-A-Y C-I-T-Y with a R-O-L-L-E-R-S bay city rollers are the best.:raspberry:

They are playing here at our 3 day Whitehaven Maritime Festival at the harbour on Saturday night along with the 3 Degrees;Odyssey; Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel and Showaddywaddy. Can't afford the ticket for it, but it's open-air, so I can listen from outside the barriers - lots of us did 3 years ago when Status Quo came. Can't decide whether to do that or Catherine Jenkins and the National Philharmonic Orchestra at the same place at the harbour on Friday Night.

I will be at our JW literature stall on Saturday in the market during the festival. There's 300,000 people expected to visit our town!! The normal market is joined with the Continental Market and Lakes Craft market and TV chefs will be at a cookery stand at the end of all the stalls with a big TV set up for the crowds to watch them.

This year the Red Arrows are flying at 5pm on Sunday. During one year's festival, they flew their aerobatics over our Hall at 11 am and we had to cancel the Watchtower for 30 minutes as it was deafening - we took our seats outside to the carpark to watch, as it was hopeless trying to hear anything in the Hall. This year we are only competing with the funfair below the Hall, but we can tolerate that. From the Kingdom hall car park tonight we watched the tall sailing-ships, out at sea coming into our harbour tonight for the festival.

Many years ago my son and I 'played our noses' on America's Funniest Home Videos. We imitated Santo and Johnny's steel guitar sound of their hit 'Sleep Walk.' We didn't win but we were on TV. The kids in Shaun's Jr high made fun of him when it first aired. Then with re-runs, he had the upper hand and asked the critics how many times they had been on national television? :)

I was a nurse in a alcohol and drug rehab unit in LA and took care of many high profile celebrities---and knbow alot of intimate details about their personal lives---patient confidentialitty still is important. My husband was a very well known contractor in LA (was in The Best Of LA magazie twice) and he worked for many top celebrities. producers, writers and such. He was also in a prank show from 1989 but I can not recall the name now. In that same show was also an elder from Austrilia---he gave a talk at our KH several weeks after the show aired and we recognized him from that show. The prank was a very attactive young woman attempting to change a light bulb and needed someone to steady the ladder she was climbing. She asked our brother who was walking by --with brief case in hand- to hold the ladder while she climbed it. She was very shapely and wearing a very short skirt---he never ONCE looked up and you could tell he was very uncomfortable doing this but he kept his head down and would reply politely to her without looking up at her. You could tell she was trying to engage him in conversation and get him to look up at her. He was the only man that passed the temptation! He said during his talk that he could have easily brought shame on Jehovah's name and admitted it was very difficult not to give in to the temptation to look but how that taught him you never know who is watching.!!!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

We lived in a home in LA which was the house that Otis Chandler built for his mistress back in the late 1880's---a 6000 sq ft mansion that was used for filming of many famous movies and tv series-LA Confidential, Cellular, Law and Order, and interview with Clive Barker, Pamela Anderson's VIP series, Fear Factor. and many more I would have to look up because the names escape me right now. I got to spend some time talking with Shirley McLain during the filming of Carolina and found her quite intriguing and lovely. Very ecentric but lovely still the same. Rhis movie wrapped up August 31st 2001 and she was set to be nominated for an academy award for her performace was all the buzz. But a few short days later the bombing of the world trade center took the world spot light and the movie went stright to video years later lost. Many arguments ensueddue to all the paper work being "lost" in one of the buildings that was lost. Many law suits ensued and things were never settled for it to be released as originally planned. You can catch the movie from time to time on TV===Carolina. I always liked Ms. McLain's characters--always a quirky personality but lovable. She even took a nap on our sofa. I t was surreal walking through my living room and seeing her napping on our sofa. That is my closest to fame---close but no cigar! PS Otis Chandler was the founder of LA Times--and many streets and buildings are names after that family (Chandler Blvd--Dorothy Chandler Pavilion etc) we saw pictures of the house with Wyatt Erpp attending a function there---lots of history. Also a documentry about the Inventing LA--The Chandler's and their life and times (lots of drama and dirty deeds going on there)

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I am ashamed to say, i saw the Bay city roller live at the Glasgow Apollo.

1977. It was a great year, Scotland Qualified for Argentina 1978, It was a long hot summer

of punk music and The Jam.

I wanted to see Led Zeppelin, but there was a girl in my class i fancied.

Senga Bell. She was beautiful.

She had a runny nose, and looked like marty Feldman.

She said she would go out with me, if i took her to see the bay City rollers. so reluctantly, i gave up my chance of seeing

Robert plant and the boys, for The Rollers. She dumped me the next day.

Never even gave me a goodnight kiss.

Marty Feldman.... beautiful ?? !!! with a runny nose :loopy: did she really look like him ??

I can remember seeing.... Sham69, The Jam, Toyah Wilcox etc there used to be a different band in the pavillion every Friday night :)

Also saw Zepplin, Deep Purple... I would love to have seen Jethro tull...

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

There is a strong rumour that Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull is a Brother, witheer its true i dont know.

I remember him standing on wone leg playing a flute. Aqualung was a great album.

I am a huge Deep purple fan, and i saw them once when David coverdale was vocals and

Tommy Bolin was on Guitar, not very good. Saw whitesnake loads of times, Queen, status Quo.

Awesome!

There is a strong rumour that Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull is a Brother, witheer its true i dont know.

I remember him standing on wone leg playing a flute. Aqualung was a great album.

I am a huge Deep purple fan, and i saw them once when David coverdale was vocals and

Tommy Bolin was on Guitar, not very good. Saw whitesnake loads of times, Queen, status Quo.

Awesome!

Wikipedia says: "Anderson describes himself as being "somewhere between Deist and Pantheist" religiously, according to his foreword to the pamphlet for his 2006 St. Brides charity concerts for the homeless."

His album lyrics have been critical of religion (side 2 of Aqualung, and his solo album Divinities. Also on Roots To Branches).

I saw his recent concert of Thick As A Brick 2 - excellent show.

• 3 months later...

I was 20 y.o. and strong like bull. Long time ago. I was getting good at jumping hills on a country road near my hometown on my 1972 Honda 750cc motorcycle doing at least 70mph. I always had someone flagging at the top of the 2nd hill to tell me there were no oncoming vehicles. I do not remember the accident or anything for the next 6 weeks but I evidently got brave and jumped the hills and landed on the hood of an oncoming 1969 Chevy Impala. Sept. 12,1972 6PM. Well I lived but spent 3 weeks in intensive care in St.Louis University Hosp. about 3 mo. total and had to learn alot of stuff over again. Walking, talking. sitting, and eating. My left arm was nearly severered at the elbow and is still fixed at 90 degrees.

I learned a couple of BIG words, supination and pronation which my left arm has neither, while I was recovering; BIG words mean my forearm does not twist.

Almost complete recovery cept for a I walk with kind of a skip in my get along and my elbow.

No fame involved but I guess one might say I failed as a stunt rider.

Oh and I saw Thick As A Brick in 1972 before the accident at S.I.U. Arena in Carbondale, Il. It appeared as if the set up crew were still setting up for the concert and had white trench coats and black fedora hats. While they were setting up there was eveidently a mixture of the Band, Jethro Tull, and they suddenly sat down and began to play. Maybe the 1rst song was Locomotive Breath or somethind else.

:headphones::wall::headphones::wall:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was 12, I sang in front of a full school auditorium (about 800 people). And again at my 8th grade graduation. That's as close to fame as I got...sigh....oh, well. My life would probably have been horrible if I had really become a famous singer. Nowadays I just sing in the shower and at the Kingdom Hall.:whistling:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

• 3 weeks later...

144368=7937-Peter Scolari.jpg In 1999 took our 2 kids to NY, tour Bethel, when going home I stood in a line at the airport. I was behind this short blonde guy who turned around and asked me if there was another coffee stand near by, I said I couldn't find one, he turned back around and it was then I figured out who he was. I'm only 5'5 and I had to look down to him! (remember he was on Newhart from '82-90, "Michael" married to "Stephanie")

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34