JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

America's 1.3 million Jehovah's Witnesses will be sitting out this election

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 469 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Jwanon said:

Why did you think this article regarding 2020 was interesting? The maths?....

On average there is one Jehovah's Witness for every 272 population - that's a basic crude calculation and includes children, but it is likely that States such as Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin have a slightly above average number of Jehovah's Witnesses.

In 2020..... The Blue Team won 306 Electoral Votes, while The Red Team won 232 Electoral Votes

The State of Georgia has a population of 10,711,908, and 16 Electoral Votes

The Blue Team won Georgia with a majority of 11,779 individual votes

10,711,908/272 = 39,382

The State of Arizona has a population of 7,151,502, and 11 Electoral Votes

The Blue Team won Arizona with a majority of 10,457 individual votes

7,151,502/272 = 26,292

The State of Wisconsin has a population of 5,893,718, and 10 Electoral Votes

The Blue Team won Wisconsin with a majority of 20,682 individual votes

5,893,718/272 = 21,668

Yeah, maths can be interesting. Very unlikely though, as the OP article highlights:

"If Jehovah's Witnesses did engage in politics, experts say their political allegiances would likely reflect a cross-section of American society given the group's large size, diversity, and even spread across the country... Notably, the denomination is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse of any religious group in the US."

The article also includes a quote from Robert Hendriks: "You can imagine how little effect our preaching would be if we had a bumper sticker for a political candidate and we drove up and started talking to people about God's Kingdom."

Edited by Parale

Hello My Dear Brother. I read the article in your post. What struct me the most was the contrast between the brother's comments and that of the writer of the article. For example, the brother beautifully explained why we remain neutral in regards to man-made governments. Yet, the writer intimates that we're going to send out letters to government officials and that is effect, hypocritical. To see such a contrast between us and "worldly" people only served to help me remain neutral and to continue to announce Jehovah's government. Thank you for sharing this with us. My beloved wife sent you our love. Your brother in Jehovah.

20 minutes ago, JVincent said:

the writer intimates that we're going to send out letters to government officials

Yes, that would have been the November 2020 Worldwide Campaign. Remember the OP article is refering to US elections that took place during the same month, on 3 November 2020.

The announcement/instructions specifically included "Contacting governmental persons with the message."

Edited by Parale

16 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

I voted for Jesus!!! Daniel 7:13,14 & Acts 17:7,

When you vote in the US, a number of the States allow you to be able to officially write-in a candidate of your choice on the ballot. And Jesus usually picks up quite a few write-in votes.

For example, in the 2020 US Elections, as reported in North Carolina, Jesus picked up 72 votes while God picked up 14 votes.

Edited by Parale