JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

I have tried the push and pull with no result. Initially the program for the territory servant pulled the maps I had already started. Now when he creates a new map I don't see it and when I create a new map he does not see it. And we are not working on it at the same time.

Make sure y'all are both on the same congregation sharing server. Had that happen before where I was "central" and my father in law was "north" 

I just got this Information:

We have recently fixed this issue in the latest Build update. Please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates and install the Build update #1313 or later, or alternately re-download and install New World Scheduler from our website.

If your Congregation Sharing was setup or enabled within the last few days, you should please ask a Congregation Administrator to Disable Sharing and then re-setup. Otherwise, you simply need to refresh any data that was changed in the last few days, and it will sync fine for other users.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

New World Scheduler

Hi János,

We recently started using NW Scheduler and we are quite impressed. It really makes scheduling much easier and saves a lot of time.

I can't send suggestions until we use it for three months. I understand the reasons but still I thought I would try here. In the FAQ there is a question: Does NW Publisher app connect with Facebook, OneDrive, WhatsApp, etc? The answer is simply "No". Would it be possible to reconsider that?

The ability to send S-89 assignment slips individually by email is great, but at least here where I live people rarely use email anymore, and many publishers don't even have an email account. What everybody uses is WhatsApp. So I need to save the S-89 as PDF, separate the individual slips and send every one of them by Whatsapp to the publisher. This takes a long time and errors are easy to make, while the software could handle it in a breeze. Maybe it could use WhatsApp web or the Desktop WhatsApp app.

Hopefully most of the congregation will end up using NW Publisher, but there are a few who I don't think will ever get used to it and will need me to send them the slips by WhatsApp.

Thank you!

Hi Carlos,

I don't think they will implement the option for Whatsapp. But one does never know. You could send a request for it when you are allowed to. In the mean time you could gently encourage individuals to learn to work with the App. We have 103 Publishers and 92 are connected. Once they see the advantages they don't want anything else. Especially when they can turn in their fieldservicereport in the app.

Edited by molnarj

8 hours ago, molnarj said:

I don't think they will implement the option for Whatsapp. But one does never know. You could send a request for it when you are allowed to. In the mean time you could gently encourage individuals to learn to work with the App. We have 103 Publishers and 92 are connected. Once they see the advantages they don't want anything else. Especially when they can turn in their fieldservicereport in the app.

Thanks, János. I will when I am able to.

I agree that it will be much better when most of the congregation uses the app, but there are a few I don't see ever using it. But it is what it is.

We have our C.O. visit this week, beginning tomorrow evening. For tomorrow's meeting, the meeting time changed from 7:30 PM to 7:00 PM. Where can I update the time in NWS so the time that populates on NWP is correct? The updated time was properly updated in the C.O. visit in "Congregation Events" and in "Schedules" > "Circuit Overseer Visit". Still shows 7:30 PM start time on NWP however.

UPDATE: Changed our MWM time in the "Congregation" tab. I'll change it back after the C.O. visit. Any other ways to update the MWM time for just one meeting that I may be missing?

NWSCOVisit_1.thumb.png.98891325e1b4a082814978af6c370932.png

Edited by JoshD

3 hours ago, carlos said:

Thanks, János. I will when I am able to.

I agree that it will be much better when most of the congregation uses the app, but there are a few I don't see ever using it. But it is what it is.

We have 160 publishers. 20 are delegated. 17 are not connected. Group overseers enter most of those 17. I get most of the time by the 10 now. This month I only had to send out 5 or 6 requests myself. Once they see that they can follow the meeting schedule it becomes more positive. We also have our zoom link on the schedule so they can connect right from the app if they are homebound. 

On 9/18/2023 at 11:43 PM, dvdgarofalo said:

We have 160 publishers. 20 are delegated. 17 are not connected. Group overseers enter most of those 17. I get most of the time by the 10 now. This month I only had to send out 5 or 6 requests myself. Once they see that they can follow the meeting schedule it becomes more positive. We also have our zoom link on the schedule so they can connect right from the app if they are homebound. 

I agree with David. Up here in Western NY, we had a few congregations that were holding back. But a lot more are using the program.

On 9/18/2023 at 1:58 AM, molnarj said:

I just got this Information:

We have recently fixed this issue in the latest Build update. Please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates and install the Build update #1313 or later, or alternately re-download and install New World Scheduler from our website.

If your Congregation Sharing was setup or enabled within the last few days, you should please ask a Congregation Administrator to Disable Sharing and then re-setup. Otherwise, you simply need to refresh any data that was changed in the last few days, and it will sync fine for other users.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

New World Scheduler

This fixed the issue with territory not syncing. Was this a general email or a support response? The reason I ask is because I didn't get one but I didn't ask for support either.

Recently encountered a strange problem. We added an elder to the Shared list. Upon opening his Scheduler app on his desktop, he cannot do anything: the leftmost main menu is totally greyed out and unresponsive. We removed him from list, added him again. Reinstalled the program on his desktop (Win 11), reentered the password correctly. Got same result. Any suggestions?

22 hours ago, foghorn said:

Recently encountered a strange problem. We added an elder to the Shared list. Upon opening his Scheduler app on his desktop, he cannot do anything: the leftmost main menu is totally greyed out and unresponsive. We removed him from list, added him again. Reinstalled the program on his desktop (Win 11), reentered the password correctly. Got same result. Any suggestions?

Hi John. Hopefully this issue you encountered has been resolved. If not, check the the "User Access" of the elder that was added. Select the suggested role of the brother or select access roles one by one.

Green = Able to edit

Orange = View only

Red = Not able to view

NWSSharing_1.png.673362cbc30a3c0aada30d210c9ab8f5.pngNWSSharing_2.gif.fa99c3396cf9748b95118baafed5a3d1.gif

Maybe you can help with this question: Last week we had a speaker who is not on the list. He is a friend from abroad we invited to give a talk by Zoom, so we added him ad hoc. In cases like this, how can I add the speaker's phone number, so that he can be contacted?

There are two fields named "Congregation Notes" and "Local Notes" but whatever I type there is deleted after I close that screen.

3 hours ago, foghorn said:

JoshD - thanks for feedback. We did all that... but now that I think about it... after you save his access settings, do you have to a 'SEND DATA'?

Not sure if that's needed, I always do however. If the program does not prompt to send, I make a change somewhere that'll trigger it, then I'll "send data" over.

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

We are new to using the NW publisher app. How do I change my emergency contact. I tried charging it and it reverts back to the person I tried to remove. Thanks.

You have to wait for the administrator to accept your correction. Unless they rejected it. Either case would cause you to see the old one still. 

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Is there a way to print the S-13 (TERRITORY ASSIGNMENT RECORD) for the CO?

Printing > Save, Print & Email Reports > Territory > Select "Territory Assignment Records"

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/printing-and-reports/territory-cards-reports/#:~:text=Questions and Problems-,Territory Assignment Records,-Description

NWSS-13_1.png.e0a234952698ec9659e91ca993a6ec96.png