JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

3 minutes ago, carlos said:

It would be even better if all the things I have to do, whether assignments, duties or whatever, appeared in one single place. What is the point of having to look in several places?

When I see I have an assignment, I make sure I look to see what it is, because I know I'll probably need several days to prepare for it.  But a duty, well, I can look at that the day of the meeting.

Personally, I like having assignments and duties listed separately. Chris said it very well:

"When I see I have an assignment... I know I'll probably need several days to prepare for it.  But a duty, well, I can look at that the day of the meeting."

That works best for me: I know anything listed on the Assignments page needs attention days in advance. I would prefer to NOT have that list cluttered up with duties (sound, video, attendant, mics, cleaning, etc) - those things don't usually require advance work. And don't forget - you CAN see all your responsibilities in one place for a given meeting on the Schedule page.

On 11/1/2023 at 7:34 PM, airban said:

I do not think you are being demanding, just a modicum of transparency regarding this would have been nice by now. One sentence that says 'we're working on this, give us a month'.

I realize this will be an unpopular opinion but I find a lot of the verbiage from the creators of this program to be condescending. Every time I look up a reason as to why a certain thing can not be done with the app/NWScheduler they make up a theocratic reason when in reality it is an obvious limitation in the software (for example turning in time 1 hour before the strike of midnight on the last day of the month). Or when mentioning other programs that other brothers have developed they can have a sarcastic tone. I mean is this really a competition? 😆

It may be down to cultural nuances - the app is developed in Australia, and Australians can be very direct / straightforward, which may be perceived differently when viewing it through other cultural lenses…

17 minutes ago, zauser said:

Has anyone done screen recording videos for the app for iOS and/or Android that can be sent to new users or older ones?

I have but it's always very individualized to what I was trying to show the learner. I'm an Android user so I can't speak for iOS but most android phones I'm aware of have a native screen record feature that you could quickly make a video to show someone how to do something and send it to them.

Edited by Aja

2 hours ago, Aja said:

I have but it's always very individualized to what I was trying to show the learner. I'm an Android user so I can't speak for iOS but most android phones I'm aware of have a native screen record feature that you could quickly make a video to show someone how to do something and send it to them.

2 hours ago, zauser said:

Has anyone done screen recording videos for the app for iOS and/or Android that can be sent to new users or older ones?

You can also link your Android phone to Windows and record the Android screen from Windows. I use the free Flashback Express Recorder for Windows screen recordings.

5 hours ago, zauser said:

I have a template saved when I create "how-to" videos using my video editing software, that way all the videos keep a general same feel to them. I don't send the videos out, I instead upload them to a cloud storage where I can use a link to share. I then place those links into a PDF doc which then gets added to NWS for the friends to easily access from their NWP app. I leave that doc at the top of the "documents" list so it can quickly be accessed.

NWSDocuments.thumb.jpg.b26d0e27ad1461c4d929cd2561f962e9.jpg NWSHow-To.thumb.jpg.f9cc681901c2126d54633f47e461a679.jpg

Edited by Cruzer

55 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I have a template saved when I create "how-to" videos using my video editing software, that way all the videos keep a general same feel to them. I don't send the videos out, I instead upload them to a cloud storage where I can use a link to share. I then place those links into a PDF doc which then gets added to NWS for the friends to easily access from their NWP app. I leave that doc at the top of the "documents" list so it can quickly be accessed.

NWSDocuments.thumb.jpg.b26d0e27ad1461c4d929cd2561f962e9.jpg NWSHow-To.thumb.jpg.f9cc681901c2126d54633f47e461a679.jpg

Anyway to change your mind on not sharing? 🤣

Our congregation is probably one of the few congregations in the area that isn't using NWS, however the elders have recently decided to look at it. I see it's free for 60 days, what does it cost after that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Our congregation is probably one of the few congregations in the area that isn't using NWS, however the elders have recently decided to look at it. I see it's free for 60 days, what does it cost after that?

The most complete license (the most important difference being that it allows to create and manage territories) costs $49 a year.

See the prices here:

https://nwscheduler.com/register-jw-scheduler/#Registration_Cost

20 hours ago, zauser said:

This might not be what you’re looking for but but on NWscheduler there’s screenshots of various parts of the app  https://nwscheduler.com/jw-scheduler-publisher-edition-app/

9 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Apologies if this has been answered in the past. But in Phoenix we get multiple 'snow birds' that visit us for 4-6 months. Is there a way to add a publisher without adding them permanently and assigning them to a FSG? So, we can give them access to the app and cart witnessing?

I would add them but mark them as not a publisher.

image.png.6d4086d6eeffdc57e400f03a7205a7a7.png

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I would add them but mark them as not a publisher.

But if you add them as a publisher you cannot assign them to cart witnessing, can you?

They could be added as publishers without assigning them to a group, and marking only cart witnessing in their assignments (unless you want them to have other privileges such as giving parts or cleaning the hall or the like). Then when they leave, mark them as "moved". Whenever they come back, untick the "moved" box.

11 minutes ago, zauser said:

Hi @Cruzer I see that you deleted your earlier message, but I had already d/l’d one of your vids from the link in the post’s email notification. It’s really good! Please let me know if you’re not comfortable with me retaining it, and I will delete it.

I could possibly make some generic videos that won't show any of our public witnessing locations & publisher names. I noticed the "how-to" schedule public witnessing shift video had some of that. If that's the one you dl'd, then yes, delete that one & I could make you some of your choice. The "how-to" set away period(s) is ok to keep.

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I could possibly make some generic videos that won't show any of our public witnessing locations & publisher names. I noticed the "how-to" schedule public witnessing shift video had some of that. If that's the one you dl'd, then yes, delete that one & I could make you some of your choice. The "how-to" set away period(s) is ok to keep.

That would really be appreciated by many thank you!!

I only had the link to d/l how to set away periods…