JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library lag on iPhone 14 Pro Max?

I've always used top-of-the-line Android phones, but now JW Library takes 60 seconds to open on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G.  (Please note that I do download and keep most everything that one can download off JW Library, including Watchtowers back to 1950 and a ton of the audio and videos)

I've also noticed some increasing lag for JW Library on my Windows SSD computers.  So I bought an M2 2022 iPad Pro with 2TB of storage and 16GB of RAM.  And guess what?  NO LAG!!!  And that iPad has almost everything that JW Library has downloaded onto it, including even most of the videos in 720p!

So now I'm wondering if the latest Apple iPhone, the iPhone 14 Pro Max, might be able to handle everything that JW Library can throw at it without any lag??

So does anyone here use the iPhone 14 Pro Max, and who also downloads most everything that is on JW Library?  I'm main goal is to find a phone that can handle JW Library without any lag.

Thanks!

I had the same 5G Note. There was a time it would appear to open slowly to me. It seemed to be linked to the 'search for updates' function which starts as the App opens.

This also happens on my Fold 4. It is not as noticeable, although it could be that I just got used to it. 

I imagine it checks off a time/date/version list of the files DL on your device, with a master list on the website somewhere. 

It maybe that the Apple OS can handle this better than either Android or MS. (Imho) 

I also have SSD's on my Win11 PC. I'm happy with the speed, as it is so much faster than my old HDD version. 

I'm happy with my Fold, so I can work with it...

I'll be interested in what other comments follow!

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

That’s the phone I use. I have 256 GB. I got that much memory so I won’t be forced to get a new iPad. Mine is a good 5 years old, and the, “n” fusses with me. I know it won’t last forever, so I bought  that phone. A 14 Pro Max. It flat works! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

7 hours ago, Lloyd777 said:

So now I'm wondering if the latest Apple iPhone, the iPhone 14 Pro Max, might be able to handle everything that JW Library can throw at it without any lag??

I have iPhone 14 Plus, and have not noticed any lag.

I use it often in the ministry, so far it's fine. 

Edit: I just have tested different features on JW.Library and everything opens instantly. Very fast. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My iPhone 14 Max with 128 gig hard drive has 45 total gigs and over 11 gig of JW Library files with no lag.  I have a gen 9 iPad too and it does great.  That said, I don't consider myself a "Apple Person".  For research, it's hard to beat a current Windows computer with "Watchtower Library".  Quick search, great cut and paste. And would I go back to an Android phone?  I would.  I'm kind of on a every four years new phone schedule so I went from iPhone 10 (my first Apple iPhone) to iPhone 14 but when the 18s come out I'm sure I'll look at android again.  I try to avoid being "brand faithful" if new products are better (and less money).  My current favs are: LG appliances, Samsung TV, Toyota car, Apple Phone, Apple iPad.....

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".