JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coaster Enthusiasts

I'm Jacob, from Hawaii and there are no amusement parks with roller coasters here. There is a mild waterpark in the Kapolei area but it gets repetitive and boring after going for a while.

I recently went to California over the course of three days to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain and ride every single one of its coasters. I was wondering if any other brothers / sisters out there love roller coasters as well! I want to go to Sandusky, Ohio next to visit Cedar Point.

If there are any other fellow coaster enthusiasts here, please let me know! I want to travel for my coaster credits! I'm not a big nature kind of guy, so hikes, beaches, mountains, scenery isn't too appealing to me as a vacation...

Edited by Jacob

Cedar Point is awesome. It's about 1.5 hours away from me. We get season passes every year and go up there at least 3 times to get our money's worth. I absolutely love roller coasters. I do not like little rides that just spin in circles though, lol. 

About 4 hours away is another Cedar Fair owned park called King's Island. It's a great place to enjoy coasters as well.

We use to have a Six Flags, but Six Flags ran it into the ground. It was fun while it lasted.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think the last time I rode a roller coaster was either Disneyland or Disneyworld in 1988.  We have theme parks a 45 minute drive north of where I live but being 65+ years I’m not really into them.  Back in 1984 on my first of many USA trips some friends took me to a coaster ride somewhere near Santa Cruz CA.  I vaguely remember the thrill.  

I went with a group of pioneers back when Disney World was quite new. (Back when a pioneer could afford the tickets) To keep from breaking up our group of 8 and the group of 4 behind us, I rode on Space Mountain ... in the back seat of the last car. Keep in mind, that coaster ride was in the dark (I don't know if current safety standards still allow that, but I think it is still dark) When the ride was over the person riding in the seat in front of me said they had never ridden with someone on such a coaster who never moved in the seat - like I was glued to the seat.

That was in 1975 and I don't think I have ridden a coaster since.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

13 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Cedar Point is awesome. It's about 1.5 hours away from me. We get season passes every year and go up there at least 3 times to get our money's worth. I absolutely love roller coasters. I do not like little rides that just spin in circles though, lol. 

About 4 hours away is another Cedar Fair owned park called King's Island. It's a great place to enjoy coasters as well.

We use to have a Six Flags, but Six Flags ran it into the ground. It was fun while it lasted.

That's awesome! I'm planning to go in the early summer of 2024; I also will try to visit King's Island, although it's not as high a priority as CP. I don't do spinning rides either, although the drop tower and swing ride there are on my ride list!

Maybe we can meet up! I'm also going with a brother from NorCal, he loves roller coasters too

8 hours ago, Jacob said:

I'm planning to go in the early summer of 2024

Let me know when you go if you're interested in an in-person meetup.

8 hours ago, Jacob said:

the drop tower and swing ride

Both of those kinda terrify me. I haven't been on them yet, lol

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Let me know when you go if you're interested in an in-person meetup.

Both of those kinda terrify me. I haven't been on them yet, lol

Yeah for sure! Do you have an instagram? If you do, just message me your account so I can contact you there. I'm more active there than here 😅. I'm hoping to go in May or June for about a week.

The drop towers take a bit of getting used to since unlike the coasters, you drop in that seated position without any sort of lateral motion to compensate. I've never been on those types of towers that shoot you upwards though, so I'm scared of that. But I'm the type to face my fears, so I will be getting on that side.