JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The possibility to add non-jw library media comes in handy if you're having a talk in the congregation. Just give the brothers that controls the audio video section, the media you want to show and it's easier to show it on the screen. in the Kingdom Hall.

Sendt fra min GM1913 med Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Just give the brothers that controls the audio video section, the media you want to show and it's easier to show it on the screen. in the Kingdom Hall.

How do you do that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Well you have to give the brothers the media obviouslyemoji3526.png

Okay...

Since I haven't done that yet I am curious how you give a playlist of media to the brothers at the KH.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Okay...

Since I haven't done that yet I am curious how you give a playlist of media to the brothers at the KH.

If you created a Playlist for pictures from JW Library .. you can share that playlist ..

Screenshot_20230717-011313.thumb.jpg.20a75678c9825ecb4e39204edfdae387.jpg

This file is named as .jwlplaylist ...

If you created a Playlist for pictures from JW Library .. you can share that playlist ..

Oh! But does that include the media, or do you have to include that also?

22 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Thanks. It appears that the media is included in the playlist and you can share it by email. So it looks like a public talk speaker can email the playlist to the Audio brother and he opens it with JWLibrary at the KH.

That explains why the media is included when you do a backup.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Edited by Tortuga

Thanks. It appears that the media is included in the playlist and you can share it by email. So it looks like a public talk speaker can email the playlist to the Audio brother and he opens it with JWLibrary at the KH.

That explains why the media is included when you do a backup.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Yes it seems so. Nice!

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

It appears that the media is included in the playlist and you can share it by email. So it looks like a public talk speaker can email the playlist to the Audio brother and he opens it with JWLibrary at the KH.

By email??? 😮

21 hours ago, Midwest-US said:

The new JWL app playlist feature is excellent!

I was able to put my public talks in as separate playlists and add my photos. Now I will always have them with me to share with a congregation when giving a talk out. 

In the above example, if you click on the 'forwarding arrow' you get options to do 'nearby share', and 'bluetooth' share, so share directly with the KH JW app. 😃

image.png.aeb9ce680610e798ed37c31ba7ab25b2.png

I believe this would be inline with what Bro WInder said on 17 April 2023 :)

On 4/17/2023 at 9:28 PM, Parale said:

Before we conclude, we have a new feature in JW Library that we’re excited to share with you. JW Library will soon support Playlists in the Personal Study tab. With this feature, you’ll be able to add videos, audio programs, and pictures to personal playlists. For example, you can make playlists of your favourite theocratic songs or of videos to use in the ministry. You can also make a playlist of pictures to use in a talk, and then share it with the audio/video support brothers so that they can use JW Library to display the pictures. Look for an update to the app in the coming weeks.

6 minutes ago, Parale said:

In the above example, if you click on the 'forwarding arrow' you get options to do 'nearby share', and 'bluetooth' share, so share directly with the KH JW app. 😃

There appear to be several options available to share the playlist file. The brothers usually ask me to email my images to them ahead of time, but I also have them available on a USB drive just in case. I plan to still do that with the JWL playlist file.

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

Oh! But does that include the media, or do you have to include that also?

The media that is import into the playlist are included in the file that you can export. I exported the playlist file to the same folder on my PC that I have for my talk notes and I copied it to my USB drive that take with me when I give a talk. It appears the brothers at the KH will be able to open the playlist file with JWLibrary and use JWLibrary as a media player to show the images. That means they don't need a separate image viewer such as VLC to show the images. 

The media that is import into the playlist are included in the file that you can export. I exported the playlist file to the same folder on my PC that I have for my talk notes and I copied it to my USB drive that take with me when I give a talk. It appears the brothers at the KH will be able to open the playlist file with JWLibrary and use JWLibrary as a media player to show the images. That means they don't need a separate image viewer such as VLC to show the images. 
Nice! Thanks!

I have been learning to use the new Play List feature. I download a video to my tablet, store it on the SD card, and then import it to Play List. To test if it will play when the tablet is not connected to the internet I turn off the WiFi. When I try to play it the Play List brings up a banner that says: “Please connect to the internet. OK SETTINGS” When I turn the WiFi back on the video plays. What is going on?

11 hours ago, a2zkiddos said:

Finally got the new playlist option and wondering what types of playlists you are setting up. Also noticed that we can add images but not sure where the images would come from or what use that would be.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

playlist with songs and images when you are:

- sad (to lift up your spirit)

- anxious (to calm down)

- happy (to dance it out)

etc

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 7/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, MullumMiss said:

I just tried to add a photo from my photos and it said file not supported.  I have iphone 11 pro.  I vaguely remember the file extension changed on the newer iphones but I thought I had changed it.  

Yes that is the case:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022#:~:text=Tap Formats.-,Tap Most Compatible,-. This setting is

A workaround to any unsupported photos would be:

just send them via any messaging app and redownload (quality will be lower)

To preserve same quality or at least best possible use online converters write in google:

iPhone photo to JPEG

or

iPhone video to mp4

Yes starting iOS 11 iPhones I believe photos/videos are defaulted to HEVC or HEIF, you can't change photo/video compression after the fact from iOS without using any tools, those compression algorithms are in place to keep your iPhone memory with enough space.

Brothers at bethel really should add auto conversion at that step, until then use settings or workarounds I mentioned.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:13 PM, nealbrooks said:

I have been learning to use the new Play List feature. I download a video to my tablet, store it on the SD card, and then import it to Play List. To test if it will play when the tablet is not connected to the internet I turn off the WiFi. When I try to play it the Play List brings up a banner that says: “Please connect to the internet. OK SETTINGS” When I turn the WiFi back on the video plays. What is going on?

Neal, what is your system? Windows, iOS or Android? Also, are you able to play the file with another video player like VLC while the WIFi is off? EDIT, also what is the file type extension? 

Edited by JwSam

7 hours ago, JwSam said:

Neal, what is your system? Windows, iOS or Android? Also, are you able to play the file with another video player like VLC while the WIFi is off? EDIT, also what is the file type extension? 

Samsung Tab S8 tablet. With the WiFi turned off, I can play the file using VLC. The file is ebtv_E_07_r240P.mp4. I downloaded it from jw.org and stored it on the SD card in the S8. 

On 7/17/2023 at 3:13 AM, nealbrooks said:

It's a bug, probably will get a fix in 30-40 days.