JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hello brothers! I'm new here, but I'd like to contribute with a new topic. I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but here goes:

What old Kingdom Songs do you miss the most? If they still existed today, what would they be called [considering the 2013 revision of NWT]?

Me: I really like songs about the name of Jehovah, our friendship with him and the Paradise. So I have a list:

52. Our Father’s Name (I think it could be called: Our Father, Let Your Name Be Sanctified!)

94. King of Eternity, Sanctify Your Name! (Beautiful theme, I don't think I should change)

112. Then They Will Know (It brings nostalgia! :yes: Please don't change it)

220. Our Paradise: Present and Future (Our Spiritual Paradise and Future, perhaps?)

223. Your Loyal Ones Will Bless You (no change)

225. Drawing Close to Jehovah (We Draw Close to Our God, Jehovah—I like big themes LOL)

Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

I would have to get out my old songbook and leaf through them to refresh my memory. I can say with certainly that I preferred the old Victory Song over the new version.

There was an old song that sounded exactly like "🎵 On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed 🎶". I'm glad that one is gone, lol :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I like the old song from the 1984 brown song book, 209. Follow the Warrior King!

*** Ssb song 209 Follow the Warrior King! ***

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101984229&srctype=wol&srcid=share

*** iam4 16 Song 209 ***

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-iam-4_16_AUDIO

Too bad it's not in the current song book.

Oh well! I can still listen to it and enjoy it personally.

Edited by Hinata

8 hours ago, Hinata said:

I like the old song from the 1984 brown song book, 209. Follow the Warrior King!

*** Ssb song 209 Follow the Warrior King! ***

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101984229&srctype=wol&srcid=share

*** iam4 16 Song 209 ***

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-iam-4_16_AUDIO

Too bad it's not in the current song book.

Oh well! I can still listen to it and enjoy it personally.

I liked the song as well.  It is an updated version of Song 23 from the "green" songbook from 1950, "Songs to Jehovah's Praise".

In that song he was the "Greater Jephthah" instead of the "warrior King".  I am sure it is progressive clarification.

for1.JPG

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

I liked the song as well.  It is an updated version of Song 23 from the "green" songbook from 1950, "Songs to Jehovah's Praise".

In that song he was the "Greater Jephthah" instead of the "warrior King".  I am sure it is progressive clarification.

That’s interesting, I didn’t know about it. Thank you. For some reason though, I can’t find the song in the 1966 pink song book, “Singing and Accompanying.” I have all the songs but I couldn’t find there.

On 8/8/2023 at 6:36 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

There was an old song that sounded exactly like "🎵 On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed 🎶". I'm glad that one is gone, lol :D

That reminded me we had an old song 168. Recognising the Earth’s New King, which had the lyric, “Kiss the son, lest God be angry, and you perish in the way.”—Psalm 2:12.

The older lyric is more faithful to the original Hebrew, but maybe it’s better to revise it so other people who do not know the Bible very well misunderstand its intended meaning.

Edited by Hinata

8 hours ago, Hinata said:

That’s interesting, I didn’t know about it. Thank you. For some reason though, I can’t find the song in the 1966 pink song book, “Singing and Accompanying.” I have all the songs but I couldn’t find there.

Yes, some songs are not in the 1966 songbook. Interestingly, when the Watchtower advised the brothers to forget some songs in the 1950 songbook that were Babylonian in origin, many ended up doing so with songs that would later be on the Ssb, like Forward Go! and I Am Jehovah!.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2023 at 10:36 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

I would have to get out my old songbook and leaf through them to refresh my memory. I can say with certainly that I preferred the old Victory Song over the new version.

This Is The Way....

On 8/5/2023 at 5:23 PM, MU ORL said:

Hello brothers! I'm new here, but I'd like to contribute with a new topic. I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but here goes:

What old Kingdom Songs do you miss the most? If they still existed today, what would they be called [considering the 2013 revision of NWT]?

Me: I really like songs about the name of Jehovah, our friendship with him and the Paradise. So I have a list:

52. Our Father’s Name (I think it could be called: Our Father, Let Your Name Be Sanctified!)

94. King of Eternity, Sanctify Your Name! (Beautiful theme, I don't think I should change)

112. Then They Will Know (It brings nostalgia! :yes: Please don't change it)

220. Our Paradise: Present and Future (Our Spiritual Paradise and Future, perhaps?)

223. Your Loyal Ones Will Bless You (no change)

225. Drawing Close to Jehovah (We Draw Close to Our God, Jehovah—I like big themes LOL)

You have an impeccable taste. 

While not a Kingdom Song, I have this song called "I want to go into the new world with you". You can tell when it was written by the references to the Yearbook, Babylon the Great Book, The Book that's Blue (The Truth Book), The Ministry School. I don't have the artist's name who is singing. I just thought it was cute and tells a historical story at the same time. I think it will be fascinating to hear all the great musicians over man's history honoring Jehovah with song and music. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Just now, DancesWithWife said:

While not a Kingdom Song, I have this song called "I want to go into the new world with you". You can tell when it was written by the references to the Yearbook, Babylon the Great Book, The Book that's Blue (The Truth Book), The Ministry School. I don't have the artist's name who is singing. I just thought it was cute and tells a historical story at the same time. I think it will be fascinating to hear all the great musicians over man's history honoring Jehovah with song and music. 

What a delicious song! Do you have the lyrics to the song please? I want to translate it into Portuguese, but my hearing for English is not very good. 🙈