JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Trivia Quest

This game is to find fun trivia about the organization and publications.

How were the WT magazine pages numbered and when did it change? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

53 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

when I asked chatgpt

One problem with Chatgpt:

you can use ChatGPT for free -- for now. Since the natural language processing model is still in its research and "learning" preview phase, people can use it for free; you only need to register for a free OpenAI account, though there is an option to upgrade to a paid membership

Why can't you just use it like you do Google and other search engines ...

Now, back to the original topic:

Which is the shortest Bible book?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

One problem with Chatgpt:

you can use ChatGPT for free -- for now. Since the natural language processing model is still in its research and "learning" preview phase, people can use it for free; you only need to register for a free OpenAI account, though there is an option to upgrade to a paid membership

Why can't you just use it like you do Google and other search engines ...

Now, back to the original topic:

I quizzed chatgpt after I answered the question on wol just to see how it answered the question.  I was surprised to see how it referenced jw.org first, and got the answer right thanks to jw.org.  

Hmm...should I add a screenshot of asking chatgpt that question to "mess with" Qapla?? 🙃

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Psalms - 700 times. 

Are you sure about that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Chatbots are tools that can be helpful but lets leave chatbots out of this topic and see what we can learn from doing our own research.

26 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Good question.

There are the old classics, what are the longest and shortest chapters in the Bible?

Edited by Tortuga

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

15 minutes searching wol and my brain's burning.  I've learned a lot, but not the answer to that question.  Maybe a little hint?

Sure!

It was the same year that I married. :D

Edited by Tortuga

24 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:
27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Are you sure about that?

Thought I was using deductive reasoning.  <Sigh>.  Back to research...

I'm doubling down on Psalms.  I keep seeing Psalms mentioned in my research as an example of Jehovah's name being used.  Not really seeing any other books used as examples.

10 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I'm doubling down on Psalms.  I keep seeing Psalms mentioned in my research as an example of Jehovah's name being used.  Not really seeing any other books used as examples.

How many times is Jehovah's name used in the 2013 NWT?

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

How many times is Jehovah's name used in the 2013 NWT?

Work Out Pain GIF by Jimmy Arca

This is what he's doing to my brain right now. 

33 minutes ago, Qapla said:

How many verses in the Bible only contain "-"

I'm getting jumped by him and Qapla.

Edited by coolbrz731

Embed didn't work

6 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

This is what he's doing to my brain right now

Im not sure that I have the correct answer but if you use the WT library to look up Jehovah it shows it is in Psalms 780 times. That includes about 30 times it is used in the footnotes.

Edited by Tortuga

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

This game is to find fun trivia about the organization and publications.

How were the WT magazine pages numbered and when did it change? 

Notice the difference...😁

Screenshot_20230810_115132.thumb.jpg.2dc4cb2529013c5ff450a141a958d1e4.jpg

Screenshot_20230810_115106.thumb.jpg.9dcc1e2c7cd4a4e0d2a2952e0aeaf0df.jpg

Just now, coolbrz731 said:

I thought only the volumes did that.  I'm too young to have a watchtower that old.  Well, my mom didn't keep watchtowers past a few years old because she had the bound volumes.  Thanks for giving me some trivia to pass along.

Its fun to reference an older WT and tell someone to look at page 123 or 567...🤣