JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

GB Update #6 2023

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Dear brothers and sisters: please dont be disencouraged! RAISE YOUR HEADS! If this is the theme chosen it may mean we will FINALLY see the first 1 or 2 movies of the "Good news according to Jesus" Saga ! 

Besides it´s a long waited great expected movies, we also know the importance given by GB to this saga. Its been specially developed to teach the resurected ones.

We hope the saga will be complete on this side of GT. This shows how real close we are to see our beloved ones we lost in death.

Arent these good news?

Yes!

That reminds me to always make an effort to have the "big picture" view of things. It's Jehovah's purposes that we serve first, not ours—right? It just is that way. That is where our humility and our submission to Jehovah's arrangement comes in. We can submit to what we can't change (Jehovah's precise timing of the end) or get all worked up and upset the end has not come yet.

Also, I find very helpful emotionally and mentally the 10/90 rule: 10% of life is what happens to me (or us); 90% of life is how I (or we) respond." Application: Certain things happen in life that are out of our control to affect—in this context, Jehovah's timing of the end of Satan's rule (... and I'm sure you can think of other examples). I add to this thought one of the take-away's for me from this year's regional convention patience theme: enduring with a purpose in mind. This "attitude" in how we endure this system—despite all it can do to discourage us—can make all the difference in enduring to the end. Recall what helped Jesus to endure his suffering. Draw strength from that purpose in which Jesus was able to endure.

True, it's not easy. Also keep in mind Jehovah knows that part too. He understands we want out of this system, the sooner the better. That very fact is what lovingly motivates Jehovah to want to help us endure. He knows it's not easy. From one of the talks on the regional convention: It's like happily waiting for the doctor to see you even though he is running late and you were on time. Why happily? Because after going to dozens of doctors without finding an effective treatment you are convinced you've finally found the right one. You've heard so many good things about his expertise, he is highly credentialed, you've heard so many accolades about him, you're convinced he is an absolute expert in addressing your illness. Think of Jehovah as that Expert Doctor. And we are all in that waiting room together.

Hope that helps.

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

19 hours ago, SOCHU said:

I found the interview with Brother Negede Teklemariam very much faith strengthening. He spent about 26 years in prison without even knowing when he would be released. It made me cry when he talked about how they buried him in the sand with only his head outside. He and the other two brothers and all of those brothers and sisters who are imprisoned in various parts of the world need our constant prayers always. Their examples encourages me to be brave and serve Jehovah faithfully.

Must admit, I teared up, and it caused me to ask myself how would *I* have endured if under the same circumstances. And shamefully, I think I may have come up short...

I would have just wanted to die I think, there and then. I feel the fight would have be too much. But maybe that's because after 70 years, I feel worn out. Either way it's something for me to work on.

Edited by SteveAus

On 8/25/2023 at 3:01 PM, Loyal said:

There is still a lot of work to do, the declaration of the good news will continue for a long time, I can't take this system anymore, I can't take this world anymore, Jehovah's mercy is so great, so we need to be patient, this system seems to it will last another 50 years , I can not stand it , until when ?

I read paragraph 8 in study article 48 in the new magazine. 
Dont be sad and think that its a long time left. According to the paragraph things will get worse and we will need to focus on preaching even though life becomes harder. So for me this means that we are close! The whole article is great, read it and maybe you will see it like I do☺️

”As the great tribulation draws close, we realize more than ever how urgent it is to obey the command to share in the preaching work. (Mark 13:10) We may, however, find it difficult to focus on our ministry if we have suffered a financial setback or if we are facing opposition to our preaching work. What can help us to put Kingdom interests first? Remaining confident that “Jehovah of armies” is on our side. He will support us if we continue to put Kingdom interests ahead of our own. So we have nothing to fear”

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Negede Teklemariam

During the interview he mentions about the Day's Text for the day he was arrested - Saturday 17 September 1994 - at about 1:00 am .... that day's text was based on two paragraphs from a study article in a Watchtower from July 1993....

Walking in Wisdom with Regard to the World

Watchtower 1 July 1993, page 23, paragraphs 19 and 20

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1993483#h=27-28

image.thumb.png.6f3a008cc0b1617c7298d1e7a6636851.png

On 8/25/2023 at 7:09 PM, Sofia said:

If this is the theme chosen it may mean we will FINALLY see the first 1 or 2 movies of the "Good news according to Jesus" Saga ! 

Besides it´s a long waited great expected movies, we also know the importance given by GB to this saga. Its been specially developed to teach the resurected ones.

Yeah! (Jehovah, please.)

And in the new world this saga will reboot, specially with the new CEO/King giving his inputs. And the new "Imitate their faith" saga, too.

MCU? Puff! Here comes the NWCU, as told (and acted?) by the people who lived then.