JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

GB Update #6 2023

There is still a lot of work to do, the declaration of the good news will continue for a long time, I can't take this system anymore, I can't take this world anymore, Jehovah's mercy is so great, so we need to be patient, this system seems to it will last another 50 years , I can not stand it , until when ?

Edited by Loyal

4 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

1 Cor 9:16.

The Study Note for 1 Cor 9:16

necessity: Or “obligation.” Paul received an assignment to preach, and he felt obligated to do this work. (Ac 9:15-17; Ga 1:15, 16) The Greek word for “necessity” is also rendered “compelling reason.” (Ro 13:5) Paul continues, woe to me if I do not declare the good news! He uses the Greek word rendered “woe” to express the distress he would feel if he did not fulfill his obligation. His very life depended on his being loyal. (Compare Eze 33:7-9, 18; Ac 20:26.) Paul may have had in mind the words of Jeremiah and Amos. (Jer 20:9; Am 3:8) However, his motive for preaching is love, not mere duty.—2Co 5:14, 20; Php 1:16.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

the declaration of the good news will continue for a long time,

From a human view you may be correct. I often think of the 7 days that Noah and his family had to wait for the flood to begin. The noise from the animals, the people outside mocking them, laughing and calling them foolish. To them, it probably felt a lot longer than that.  I'm not sure how much longer the preaching will last, only Jehovah does. I understand your thinking. It would be nice to see the end of this system. I am 65, in poor health, unable to do what I was once able to do. But the one thing that has actually gotten better, though my body and mind begin to break down is LOYALTY. I have come to really appreciate wanting to be loyal to Jehovah. I value your words and thoughts Daniel. Like your own nickname, Loyal says, that's the goal every day to strive for. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

5 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

From a human view you may be correct. I often think of the 7 days that Noah and his family had to wait for the flood to begin. The noise from the animals, the people outside mocking them, laughing and calling them foolish. To them, it probably felt a lot longer than that.  I'm not sure how much longer the preaching will last, only Jehovah does. I understand your thinking. It would be nice to see the end of this system. I am 65, in poor health, unable to do what I was once able to do. But the one thing that has actually gotten better, though my body and mind begin to break down is LOYALTY. I have come to really appreciate wanting to be loyal to Jehovah. I value your words and thoughts Daniel. Like your own nickname, Loyal says, that's the goal every day to strive for. 

Just a note as we've heard this idea that "Noah waited 7 days in the ark for it to rain". This is not correct. Note Gen 7: 12 & 13

12 And the rain poured down on the earth for 40 days and 40 nights. 13 On that very day, Noah went into the ark along with his sons, Shem, Ham, and Jaʹpheth, and his wife and the three wives of his sons

He was given 7 day notice that it was going to rain - so get all the animals and the last of the food in the ark. "On that very day" he entered THEN it started to rain.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

8 hours ago, Loyal said:

Jehovah's mercy is so great, so we need to be patient, this system seems to it will last another 50 years , I can not stand it , until when ?

I feel your pain brother. Your not the only one that feels this way. I was not super excited about the theme myself...Im like Ummm thats what we are already doing. 

Like our Wt said sometimes we have " wind" in our sails. And sometimes we gotta break out the oars.   I've had the " oars " out myself.  Just got to hang on. 

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Just a note as we've heard this idea that "Noah waited 7 days in the ark for it to rain". This is not correct. Note Gen 7: 12 & 13

I learn so much on this site. Ive been in the truth my entire life and taught my bible student he went in and waited 7 days. Oppps. 

I think this is a common belief. 

12 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

I feel your pain brother. Your not the only one that feels this way. I was not super excited about the theme myself...Im like Ummm thats what we are already doing. 

Like our Wt said sometimes we have " wind" in our sails. And sometimes we gotta break out the oars.   I've had the " oars " out myself.  Just got to hang on. 

The old expression is that a watched pot never boils. That illustrates that time seems to go slower when we aren't doing anything. The FDS continually reminds us to keep busy and time will seem to pass much faster. Yes, we are already declaring the good news and the more we focus on that, the less likely we will let anything else distract us.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

I learn so much on this site. Ive been in the truth my entire life and taught my bible student he went in and waited 7 days. Oppps. 

I think this is a common belief. 

The last reference I can find about that scripture was in 1975 and it says:

*** w75 5/1 p. 278 par. 25 Why We Have Not Been Told “That Day and Hour” ***
Noah and his family needed to know the time when the deluge would begin so they could get all the basic animal kinds safely inside the ark and then enter themselves before the floodwaters descended. This was something they could not have done many months in advance, for that would have resulted in their using up stored food supplies prematurely. So it was at just the right time that God said to Noah: “In just seven days more I am making it rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will wipe every existing thing that I have made off the surface of the ground.”—Gen. 7:4.

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A velha expressão diz que uma panela vigiada nunca ferve. Isso ilustra que o tempo parece passar mais devagar quando não estamos fazendo nada. O FDS lembra-nos continuamente de nos mantermos ocupados e o tempo parecerá passar muito mais rápido. Sim, já estamos declarando as boas novas e quanto mais nos concentrarmos nisso, menor será a probabilidade de deixarmos que qualquer outra coisa nos distraia.

I've been doing exactly that, including being a pioneer this month and the next month of the campaign, but there are days when the reality of this system hits you in the face and scares you.

I was expecting another quality from the fruit of spirit. as the theme I mean. I guess we must expect the unexpected :) 

It will go very well with the congregation book study "Bearing thorough witness". 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Now look at how the "Imitate Their Faith" book puts it:

20 Jehovah told Noah that the Deluge would come in a week. It must have been a hectic time for the family. Imagine the work of getting all the animals as well as foodstuffs for the animals and for the family placed in an orderly fashion and hauling the family’s belongings aboard. Noah’s wife and the wives of Shem, Ham, and Japheth may have been especially concerned about making a livable home in that ark.

21 What of the community? They still “took no note”—even in the face of all the evidence that Jehovah was blessing Noah and his endeavors. They could not help but notice the animals streaming into the ark. But we should not be surprised at their apathy. People today likewise take no note of the overwhelming evidence that we are now living in the final days of this world system of things. And as the apostle Peter foretold, ridiculers have come with their ridicule, mocking those who heed God’s warning. (Read 2 Peter 3:3-6.) Likewise, people surely ridiculed Noah and his family.

22 When did the ridicule end? The account tells us that once Noah had brought his family and the animals inside the ark, “Jehovah shut the door behind him.” If any ridiculers were nearby, that divine action no doubt silenced them. If not, the rain did—for down it came! And it kept coming, and coming, and coming—flooding the whole world, just as Jehovah had said.—Gen. 7:16-21.

It is interesting - as I remember hearing about them waiting 7 days when I was young too. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Tsheppar said:

I was not super excited about the theme myself...Im like Ummm thats what we are already doing. 

10 hours ago, Loyal said:

There is still a lot of work to do, the declaration of the good news will continue for a long time, I can't take this system anymore, I can't take this world anymore, Jehovah's mercy is so great, so we need to be patient, this system seems to it will last another 50 years , I can not stand it , until when ?

Dear brothers and sisters: please dont be disencouraged! RAISE YOUR HEADS! If this is the theme chosen it may mean we will FINALLY see the first 1 or 2 movies of the "Good news according to Jesus" Saga ! 

Besides it´s a long waited great expected movies, we also know the importance given by GB to this saga. Its been specially developed to teach the resurected ones.

We hope the saga will be complete on this side of GT. This shows how real close we are to see our beloved ones we lost in death.

Arent these good news?

Yes!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

Dear brothers and sisters: please dont be disencouraged! RAISE YOUR HEADS! If this is the theme chosen it may mean we will FINALLY see the first 1 or 2 movies of the "Good news according to Jesus" Saga ! 

Besides it´s a long waited great expected movies, we also know the importance given by GB to this saga. Its been specially developed to teach the resurected ones.

We hope the saga will be complete on this side of GT. This shows how real close we are to see our beloved ones we lost in death.

Arent these good news?

Yes!

Not sure how long before first video will be released, as 2 weeks ago at MWM, they read out a letter from the Australasian branch, which was a casting call for different types of animals and birds. Quite specific on the types of animals i.e. Nubian goats, lambs with tails, preferably of a certain breed, etc etc. Can't remember all the details.

Edited by SteveAus

1 hour ago, SteveAus said:

Not sure how long before first video will be released, as 2 weeks ago at MWM, they read out a letter from the Australasian branch, which was a casting call for different types of animals and birds. Quite specific on the types of animals i.e. Nubian goats, lambs with tails, preferably of a certain breed, etc etc. Can't remember all the details.

Sorry we can't help, none of those animals attend our congregation....:whistling:

I found the interview with Brother Negede Teklemariam very much faith strengthening. He spent about 26 years in prison without even knowing when he would be released. It made me cry when he talked about how they buried him in the sand with only his head outside. He and the other two brothers and all of those brothers and sisters who are imprisoned in various parts of the world need our constant prayers always. Their examples encourages me to be brave and serve Jehovah faithfully.

5 hours ago, SteveAus said:

Well they did also want vets & animal handlers.. but I guess you're bit far-away :)

Pity I’m on the other side of the World…maybe I can move to Australia 🤗

1 hour ago, Michał said:

I got thrills while watching the interview. So powerful and moving.

It was too emotional for me 😓😓😓😓😓